Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Reception Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Reception

    I think it's a little unfair to label all of todays youth as out of shape. Not offended but just throwin it out there....
    I'm a 19 year old male; last RSP I had 66 push-ups, 80 sit-ups, and a 13:20 2 mile. Not perfect, but pretty decent in my opinion. And there were still 2 YOUNG guys who scored higher than me.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Reception

      lol dude in 26 and im out of shape, im skinny but i need to get my lungs back, i also havent ran in 3 years due to having two knee surgeries lol so im not doing bad for those circumstances!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Reception

        Originally posted by 11b_Orguard View Post
        I think it's a little unfair to label all of todays youth as out of shape. Not offended but just throwin it out there....
        I'm a 19 year old male; last RSP I had 66 push-ups, 80 sit-ups, and a 13:20 2 mile. Not perfect, but pretty decent in my opinion. And there were still 2 YOUNG guys who scored higher than me.
        Don't get offended. We are stating that most of today's generation doesn't play outside like we did. No one said every single person is uot of shape. But as a whole it's getting worse and worse.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Reception

          Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
          Don't get offended. We are stating that most of today's generation doesn't play outside like we did. No one said every single person is uot of shape. But as a whole it's getting worse and worse.
          Can definitely agree with that sir

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Reception

            Now now...isn't walking across a busy street while texting is STILL walking?

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Reception

              Sorry I'm a year late, but what exactly does 30th AG entail? I read another thread that's three pages of "30th AG is **** on earth!" and "I'd rather go through the gas chamber again". Some people said they were there for two weeks! I'm shipping for BCT in June (09S and hopefully 31A after). I'm in a wedding I MUST attend 31 AUG 2012 - am I naive for thinking BCT will really last a MAX of 11 weeks?

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Reception

                scroll up the page. find those youtube links, click the first one. he talks about reception. 30AG is awful, AWFUL. its boring and you sit around and get fat. no you are not naive. you will usually spend 2 weeks in reception and then basic is 9 weeks. you will find out when your grad date is when you get there. There is no more wedding you MUST attend. it is a wedding you would like to attend, unless the army says otherwise. Welcome to the Military!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Reception

                  Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
                  There is no more wedding you MUST attend. it is a wedding you would like to attend, unless the army says otherwise. Welcome to the Military!
                  +1 Doesn't matter if you're the one getting married either....LOL

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Reception

                    ****.. Well thanks for the insight. I have MEPS next week, so I don't actually have my ship date yet, but if it happens to be 01 June then I will have 13 Weeks and 6 days before the wedding. Just have to decide now if I should risk it or wait till September to ship.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Reception

                      I only sat in reception 6 days. However, this was back in 2002. And that seemed like the longest 6 days ever.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Reception

                        Originally posted by NY ARNG Woodard View Post
                        ****.. Well thanks for the insight. I have MEPS next week, so I don't actually have my ship date yet, but if it happens to be 01 June then I will have 13 Weeks and 6 days before the wedding. Just have to decide now if I should risk it or wait till September to ship.
                        talk to the meps people, explain the situation, try to get the earliest slot possible. IDK why you want to go as late as June 1. Most people who head off to benning tend to go at the end of april, early may. That is kind of peak season, so dont be surprised to have a may 10th date or something early like that. and if they offer it, take it take it take it! trying to get things how you want it at this stage will only delay things, and you might miss the wedding

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Reception

                          On the Benning website it says that reception is only supposed to last 3-5 days, so I was really shocked to hear how long some people were there. I'm still unclear on what exactly they'd be doing for 2 weeks of reception ?? Getting uniforms, haircuts, briefing, buying **** ... I know I must be missing some stuff, anyone want to fill in?

                          I'd like to go yesterday, but the reason I'm waiting till June is because I'm currently finishing my last semester at St. John's University in Queens and graduation is on May 13th. Figured I'd give myself 2 weeks to breath and get things in order before I ship.
                          Last edited by NY ARNG Woodard; April 20th, 2012, 09:35 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Reception

                            Originally posted by NY ARNG Woodard View Post
                            On the Benning website it says that reception is only supposed to last 3-5 days, so I was really shocked to hear how long some people were there. I'm still unclear on what exactly they'd be doing for 2 weeks of reception ?? Getting uniforms, haircuts, briefing, buying **** ... I know I must be missing some stuff, anyone want to fill in?
                            In a perfect world it only last 3-5 days because that is how long it should take to do all that you actually have to do. However, if there are not enough people to start a class, you may end up waiting for enough people to get there and go through reception and that is where the 2 weeks can come from.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Reception

                              Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                              not enough people to start a class
                              Ahh ok, that makes sense. What else is done at reception though? Did I pretty much cover all the bases with getting uniforms, haircuts, getting briefed, and going to px?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Reception

                                Originally posted by NY ARNG Woodard View Post
                                Ahh ok, that makes sense. What else is done at reception though? Did I pretty much cover all the bases with getting uniforms, haircuts, getting briefed, and going to px?
                                and shots. lots of shots. I got something like 26. there is a lot of sitting around too. they claim it is to get your acclimated the heat, but I'm not sure I believe it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X