X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to vent

This really s****. I reported to meps on Tuesday to ship out to Ft. Benning. Upon my inspection physical the Dr. noticed a quater size spot of dry skin that developed over the last several week. I knew it wasn't contagious, and it wasn't bothering me in any way, so I didn't think anything of it. So he says that he's not sure what it is, and that the CMO is going to need to look at it. She wasn't there yet so he made me sit in that cold a** room in my skivies for about 20 minutes until she got there. When she finally gets there she looks at it and says that she's not sure what it is either, and I will need to go for a dermatology consult, and that I should not to get my hopes up on shipping today. So they schedule me an appointment for an off base Dr for today. I report back to MEPS this morning the transportation picks me up and takes me to my appointment. The Dr. looks at it and says it's either psoriasis or eczima either way he doesn't see a problem with the condition preventing from shipping, but it will still need to be reviewed by the CMO. I go back to MEPS hand the report to the CMO, and she looks at it and says Hmmm he's not sure what it is is either, but it doesn't matter because both conditions require a waiver. I bring the report down to the guidance couselor she looks at it and says ohhh boy you need a waiver. Looks like your not shipping tomorrow either. She then proceeds to tell me that it takes atleast a week for a waiver to clear, and since it's going to take so long that I've lost my training slot. She later tells me that there are no training slots available as of now, and I may need to wait until April or May to ship. She said the best I can hope for is a cancellation, but we will not be able to look at that option until after the waiver clears.

I spent the last 2 weeks squaring things away to get ready to ship. I took a military leave of absence from work, and had to call then today and tell then that I will be coming back until time frame unknown. Plus the fact that I going to have to tell a couple of hudred people the same story over....and over....and over, because everybody thinks I'm gone already. I lost a weeks worth of pay. Not to mention the fact that I was mentally prepared to ship. What a huge disappiontment.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: Need to vent

Sorry dude, that *****! Best of Luck!

Comment

Yeah it's amazing what b.s. we sometimes have to go through just to reach our goals. In my case it was for me to deploy in a couple months. I won't go into detail, but I totally understand your frustration. On the flipside, I'm learning with age that the b.s. will never go away and things never get easier. So you have to reframe your mindset to think that it could always be worse. So in your case, it's an inconvenience, but at least you're still qualified to go to basic training (provided you'll get that waiver soon) versus those who can't even enlist for one reason or another. Good luck.

Comment

Yeah your right. And I am thankful that I'm not DQ'd permanently. I'm sure some people that have been DQ'd for enlistment would **** to be in my position. I'm just going to stay positive stay motivated and keep training until I finally get to ship. I'm just more disappointed than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by A.L.NJ11B View Post
          Yeah your right. And I am thankful that I'm not DQ'd permanently. I'm sure some people that have been DQ'd for enlistment would **** to be in my position. I'm just going to stay positive stay motivated and keep training until I finally get to ship. I'm just more disappointed than anything else.
          There you go! Stay positive, It may not always be the easy way but its sure the best way. You will get to ship and graduate faster then you think, and then you will be saying dang that went by so fast! I wish I could do it again LOL.

Comment

I was in the same position as you. I lost my original MOS waiting for a waiver to clear and had to switch to a different MOS. Whole process took 4 months (time wasted from being jerked around) and I had to make 4 trips to MEPS before I finally got processed and sworn in. Even then when I was cleared and ready to go I was there from 6:00am to nearly 5:00pm ( more B.S. and foot dragging) before I was completely done and signed out at the front desk. I lost count how many times I told my wife I was going to just give up. But I kept moving forward.

There are thousands of people that didn't even make it as far as you and I did. Some people didn't even make it to MEPS and were given the thumbs down at the recruitment office. Some people were stopped in their tracks and DQ'd at MEPS. Some people have made it all the way to BCT and end up going through separation. And to think---back in my day when I was a kid I had NCO's beating my mom's front door down. How times have changed.
            Last edited by VICEROY06; February 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Things happen. Even once you're done with MEPS. I went to reception and had an allergic reaction to the shots and developed cellulitus in my ankles. Never had it before. Then suddenly my ankles swelled up over the tops of my running shoes, 2 days before the PT test to get to basic. I saw someone get sent home from reception for lying about some condition, so avoided telling anyone what happened to me.

I took and passed the PT test with the thigh sized ankles and felt comfortable telling the DS's about my issue. I was told they'd probably send me home. Had to beg to stay. (Back home everyone had a big going away party for me when I was leaving for basic. Would've been embarrased to get sent home after a week and explain all that!) Anyway, I kept asking to stay, DS took care of it. I was in hospital a few days and missed the cycle I was supposed to train with, but I made the next one. No harm, no foul.

Comment

I heard yesterday that my waiver was approved. Just waiting on new ship date. My recruiter said I should have a new date within the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy13bu6 View Post
                  You will get to ship and graduate faster then you think, and then you will be saying dang that went by so fast! I wish I could do it again LOL.
                  Call it a hunch, but Im pretty sure he would want to go through that agean.
                  Good luck man, hope you can get out their quickly.

Comment

New ship date March 22nd.

Comment

congrats man

Comment

Good Deal, less than a month, keep training and nowhere to go now but up. Good job of keeping a positve mindset and driving forward against odds.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking foward to getting down range and giving 110%.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking foward to getting down range and giving 110%.
                            All that and still shipping before me lol. If they offer to move up my shipping date I am doing it. I am so ready to get it started. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftyMedic View Post
                              All that and still shipping before me lol. If they offer to move up my shipping date I am doing it. I am so ready to get it started. Good luck to you.
                              Have you requested to be moved to an earlier ship date? Which RSP location do you drill at in VA?

Comment

Working...
                              X