X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88m ait

I am going to FLW for 88M AIT soon. i am split-op so i have had a little time between BCT and AIT. I got my date and was told that transportation will not be provided for me once i get to St. Louis. I was told that i have to find my own ride to the base and get to the building/area that i need to be at. has anyone had to do this and is it normal? Will it be difficult getting on base and getting to my area on my own? If anyone could share some knowledge or experience it would be much appreciated.

Re: 88m ait

Who gave you this information? That doesn't sound accurate.

Comment

My recruiter and the guys at MEPS told me this information. They said that i will not be given transportation (a bus ride) with all the other soldiers because many of them are BCT bound. they said to make sure i bring enough cash so i can pay my own way and be reimbursed later for my travel expenses. I'm kind of worried about getting to exactly where i need to be. i was wondering if anyone who reclassed had to do something similar? I am also going 10 days before my training start date. i dont know why that is either. I'm hoping i can jump in an earlier class. I know my buddies i went to basic with went right to AIT and started after the weekend. I hope all this works out.

Comment

You are going 10 days before the start date because you will go through reception again. That part of the story makes sense. The rest of it doesn't. All the soldiers that we ship to Lwood, both basic and split option, all get a ride to the base and don't provide it for themselves.

Comment

Pretty sure there are bus shuttles from the USO in the St Louis Airport to FLW. I would contact your Recruiter or RSP Cadre for further info. I am almost positive that there is a shuttle, because I rode it many many years ago. Let us know what your immediate supervisors say and if needed we might be able to get further info fo you.

Comment

I talked to my recruiter and he said that i should get on that shuttle and go with all the people going to BCT. Once i get to FLW i will have to somehow get my way to where i am supposed to be. Will i really have to go through reception again, even if it has been less than a year since basic? I will have all my issued equipment and my physical and shots should be up to date. What will i have to do in reception? is it possible for me to jump into an earlier class? Or will i be stuck in reception for 10 days doing a **** duty and bored out of my mind?

Comment

My RSP cadre drove me to my report to building.

...kicked me out of the van and said good luck.

Don't forget your shot record (trust me). It's a different reception that before. Usually split ops will arrive a couple days before the main body (people who go straight through from BCT to AIT). You will get to know your drill sergeants (or are they just sergeants now?) and learn the area. Usually you'll be put in a leadership position first because of that. When the main body arrives, just watch as they step off that bus... boy it's funny to watch them get smoked in their Class A uniform!
              Last edited by Mr_Loki; December 28th, 2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X