X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service ait question

Hello, I am a prior service E-5 but due to the time I was out, I am going back as an E-4. I am going to BCT in January, however, from what I understand, I will be going back to RSP after BCT who will do a "battle hand-off" to my new unit who will then send me to AIT. How does that work? A little confusing...is it common for units to send right away? Or what is considered normal practice? A little help please.

Re: Prior service ait question

It will probably depend on funding and getting the slot. Since you'll need to be MOSQ I'd assume it would be ASAP. This might be different. Every prior service I knew that had to do BCT again went straight to AIT before being handed off.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I thought that was unusual too. I don't know if this piece of information is useful but I am a prior service Navy MA (MP) and with the CA ARNG. They said, BCT will be at Ft Leonard Wood and then I will report to unit (following battle hand-off). They said I will then be sent to AIT from there. Is it a budget issue?

Comment

How long was your break in service? Are you going MP? Most likely it may be getting a training slot. Budget may have a little to do with it.

Comment

Working...
        X