X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night time retainers?

Are night time retainers acceptable to bring to Basic Training? If so, are there any requirements that go along with it?

Re: Night time retainers?

''....Current orthodontic appliances for continued treatment (V53.4) are disqualifying. Retainer appliances are permissible, provided all active orthodontic treatment has been satisfactorily completed. Individuals undergoing orthodontic care are acceptable for enlistment in the Delayed Entry Program only if a civilian or military orthodontist provides documentation that active orthodontic treatment will be completed prior to being sworn into active duty....''

Derived from Department of Defense (DOD) Directive 6130.3, "Physical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment, and Induction," and DOD Instruction 6130.4, "Criteria and Procedure Requirements for Physical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment, or Induction in the Armed Forces."

Personally, if your teeth are straight now and you no longer 'need' it, I would leave it at home until you return. I wouldn't have wanted to bother with it at BCT, or risk losing or breaking it.

Comment

Ah, thank you. I was a bit concerned that it would be confiscated when I arrived. But yes, I have completed all orthodontic treatment so it should be no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat View Post
        Ah, thank you. I was a bit concerned that it would be confiscated when I arrived. But yes, I have completed all orthodontic treatment so it should be no problem.
        I seriously doubt it would be confiscated, but I think you'll find it a pain to keep track of, etc..... If I still wore mine, I'd have left it at home.

Comment

Working...
        X