X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing my Ship out date for BCT.

I enlisted on 20 OCT as 31B and I was going to do the split-option and ship out for BCT on 15 JUN to FT. Lenard Wood, MI. After my first RSP I wanted to change my ship date from JUNE to JANUARY (I didn't want to wait), my recruiter said being 31B and that my ship out date was in Jun, that is was highly likely they will accept my request. It has only been a couple of days since my recruiter put in the request. I was wondering:

1. How likely am I to actually get to go in Jan?
    2. How long do the requests take to process? (How long before I will find out?)
    3. Do I have to do anything for it? (I read in a forum they had to write a letter explaining)
    4. Do they change ship date only for extraordinary circumstances? (Death in the family- I think that would only be to go later not earlier)

Re: Changing my Ship out date for BCT.

This is a very simple process, and there is nothing you need to do. Also, there is no way of knowing if it will happen or not. When a soldier wants an earlier ship date we simply load the request on the website we use and from there, if there is an earlier ship date available you'll be moved. If one currently isnt available, you'll be placed on an order of merit list and if a ship date opens up earlier you'll be moved at that time. So you could hear something as early as the a couple days, or it could be a while if there is nothing open right now.

It's actually one of the more rather efficient systems that is actually working for us right now.

Comment

Working...
    X