X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Bite

I just pulled a tick off me and am supposed to ship 20111108 to Fort Leonard Wood for Basic. Lyme disease is very uncommon where I live, furthermore I am almost certain it was a male (they don't **** blood and as such don't transmit disease) and I believe it was only on for approximately 8 hours (they need 24-48 hours before they transmit Lyme Disease and 12 hours for the other 2 diseases they carry. I am likely over reacting and should just forget it ever bit me as I am almost certain nothing will happen but wanted to know what should, if anything, be done officially. Thank You for any and all input.

Re: Tick Bite

Originally posted by FireRescue View Post
    I just pulled a tick off me and am supposed to ship 20111108 to Fort Leonard Wood for Basic. Lyme disease is very uncommon where I live, furthermore I am almost certain it was a male (they don't **** blood and as such don't transmit disease) and I believe it was only on for approximately 8 hours (they need 24-48 hours before they transmit Lyme Disease and 12 hours for the other 2 diseases they carry. I am likely over reacting and should just forget it ever bit me as I am almost certain nothing will happen but wanted to know what should, if anything, be done officially. Thank You for any and all input.
    It will be fine. Lol get used to ticks. FLW is full of them.

Comment

Okay that's what I was hoping to hear but its almost like someone doesn't want me to get to basic the day before I went to MEPS I got a piece of metal stuck in my eye and it took me 8 hours to get it out. Now with this I thought there would be a required period to wait to make sure you didn't have Lyme Disease. But that's good to hear and I am use to ticks we have plenty so I will be right at home lol

Comment

"what tick?"

Comment

Just a little bit of an over reaction don't you think? Its a tick , it is not a medical condition.

Comment

Actually I know someone (more than one but just thinking of this one in particular) with Lymes and it caused her to go to a 'nut hospital'. It caused her to go crazy in the head left untreaed. My ex boyfriend spent time in the hospital over one and will always be a problem in the future. He has memory problems now and chronic pain. I know of another that has terrible chronic pain from Lymes... its not over reaction. I used to think so but i've been too close to too many that its caused long term effect to. Yes its only one type of tick that gives it to you and once that is ruled out you should be fine, but if its actually one that could give you the disease, being proactie is not over reacting. i personally still am the same way, pull it out, hope it all came out and get back to work, but i'll always push others to get it taken care of after seeing what its done to people close to me. I also live in Wisconsin though where you just have to think about the outdoors and you can get one. COC now being worrysome about bites is a good thing. These people that will be sick the rest of their lives are not generally big over reacting babies, they are ones that dont like to bring attention to themself. It gets in your joints, your head, and can cause many big problems. Again, for myself...i dont listen, I dont concern myself with it, but will always push others to after what i've seen. To the original poster, look for a 'bullseye' in the area of the bite, one doesnt show up you should be just fine.

Comment

I was more worried that lyme disease can stay dorminate in the body for sometime before you have any of the effects and the fact that I need to get ER records for getting a fish hook being taken out of my thumb when I was 6 I wouldn't call it an over reaction. The chance of ill effects from a tick bite are much higher, although still very low, than that of the previous stated ER visit.

Comment

Working...
              X