Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89D at Ft. Lee - SSI question

Hello All,

Just finished BCT (Finally!) and am now at Ft. Lee for 89D AIT. I have a question about what SSI I am supposed to wear on my ACU's.

When I got here, I was given the TRADOC SSI patch (the one that has the star and says "U.S. ARMY" under it. However I noticed today another AIT soldier wearing his States' National Guard SSI patch and I was wondering if it was authorized for me to do the same?

I'll end up asking my PSG either way, just figured I'd ask here first to make sure I'm not asking a dumb question.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Here's the SSI they gave me when I got to AIT
    Last edited by SSD; October 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM.

Re: 89D at Ft. Lee - SSI question

Get guidance from your squad leader. If you're the squad leader, ask your student platoon sergeant, to ask your student first sergeant, to ask the instructors.

In short, I wore my NG patch.

Comment

How things have changed. That is the AD recruiters unit patch as well as soldiers who work at the Pentagon. I guess that is for AD soldiers who are not assigned to their first unit yet. Either be the same for uniformity purposes or ask if its ok to wear your NG unit patch. I did when I was in AIT.

Comment

Originally posted by SSD View Post
        Hello All,

Just finished BCT (Finally!) and am now at Ft. Lee for 89D AIT. I have a question about what SSI I am supposed to wear on my ACU's.

When I got here, I was given the TRADOC SSI patch (the one that has the star and says "U.S. ARMY" under it. However I noticed today another AIT soldier wearing his States' National Guard SSI patch and I was wondering if it was authorized for me to do the same?

I'll end up asking my PSG either way, just figured I'd ask here first to make sure I'm not asking a dumb question.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Here's the SSI they gave me when I got to AIT
        That patch is used for soldiers not assigned to any unit. (In addition to recruiters and the other exceptions noted). A Guardsman should never wear that patch, as we are assigned to a unit before we even attend basic training. That is the regulartory answer, but some training locations want to play the "no body is different from anyone" game.

Comment

Working...
        X