X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to learn before BCT

I know the Soldiers Creed, Warrior Ethos, 7 Army Values, the Alphabet (alpha, bravo, ...) general orders for BCT, and all of the Army Ranks. Is there anything i am missing that i can learn? Also I have Read that because I know all of this I may gain Rank, is this true?

Re: Things to learn before BCT

Learn how to run run run, push up push up push up, sit up sit up sit up. Over learning isnt always to your benefit. The things you mentioned are great, but most things they will first teach you to crawl with, then walk, then FINALLY just maybe.... run...but then again maybe not. There used to be something called Stripes for Skills (google it, and do a search in here for it, there is info) that could get you from PV1 to PV2 before shipping to BCT if you know a bunch of stuff, including what you mentioned. You are on a good start! Keep it up! Work out a bunch now!

Comment

Originally posted by MaceMan1 View Post
      I know the Soldiers Creed, Warrior Ethos, 7 Army Values, the Alphabet (alpha, bravo, ...) general orders for BCT, and all of the Army Ranks. Is there anything i am missing that i can learn? Also I have Read that because I know all of this I may gain Rank, is this true?
      Get the Army song down, too. Atleast the chorous

As for promoting in Basic.. Don't count on it. In my platoon the Drill Sergeants randomly picked two soldiers to get promoted. They didn't go by any merit or intelligence or anything, just picked from a hat so to say. Do your best, but don't get discouraged if you don't get noticed for it.
      Last edited by SSD; October 4th, 2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaceMan1 View Post
        You can get promoted before you leave for completing the stripes for skills testing. It does include all that you mentioned, but it also includes some other things, to include a full PT Test. Get with your RSP about the requirements for the test.

Comment

Thank you for replying

Comment

Working...
          X