X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay during BCT and AIT

I am married and own a home, would I receive BAH,BAS, and Seperarion Pay. I have asked multiple recruiters and received a lot of conflicting information. I must make sure I will not be loosing pay while in training and seperated from my civilian job.

Re: Pay during BCT and AIT

Yes...seperation pay starts after day 30. Make sure all of their information get put in DEERS. Usually this is done at MEPS.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; July 25th, 2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Pay during BCT and AIT

I am interested in joining the Guard, but i am trying to get as much accurate information as possible. I have talked to several Guard members and received conflicting info. I am married and own a home. Would I get BAH,BAS, and Separation Pay during BCT and AIT? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Yes...................you may find this link helpful.

http://militarypay.defense.gov/pay/calc/index.html

Comment

Yes....................seperation starts after 30 days. And you would recieve BAH, and BAS as long as your dependants are in deers. The answer didn't change in the last thirty miniutes. You're BAH would be based on the city you live in.
          Last edited by Chaplain4me; July 25th, 2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Thank you. I have been getting different answers. Just trying to see some consistency.

Comment

When you enlist take your marriage certificate and birth certificates. Your recruiter will be telling you to bring these to meps.

Comment

Based on the information you have listed, you would draw full BAH based on your home of record (HOR) zip code, BAS as an enlisted man, and Family Separation Allowance (FSA). As the other post mentioned, FSA starts after 30 days. It is $250/month, pro-rated daily if your status changes mid-month.

Comment

Thank you LTC

Comment

Working...
                  X