X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCG Question

Does anyone know if the BCG's are the straight plastic lenses or polycarbonate?

Polycarbonate IS impact resistant...but it DOES cost more.

Plastic is cheaper, but THICKER...

My Rx is about as high as it can be without being DQ'd...so I am curious just how thick and heavy those babies are going to be. I am not bothered either way, just curious.

Pictures will NOT be posted...lol

Also....I anticipate wearing them (BCG's) straight through family day, but does anyone know, from experience, if contact lenses are allowed for graduation day only? (I'll be at Ft. Sill)

Thanks!

Re: BCG Question

They're glasses, don't worry how thick they will be because even at the thinnest, they still make you look like a NASA **** from 1970.

Comment

I don't know what the bcg's are made of but the new ones aren't that bad. They have thinner frames.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
        They're glasses, don't worry how thick they will be because even at the thinnest, they still make you look like a NASA **** from 1970.
        I am not worried (about how I look) regarding the thickness, but thicker is also heavier. Trust me, as a little kid, I looked like Poindexter from Revenge of Nerds ....there's a difference. LOL

I've got my N e RD straps to keep them up, I was just curious.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
          Also....I anticipate wearing them (BCG's) straight through family day, but does anyone know, from experience, if contact lenses are allowed for graduation day only? (I'll be at Ft. Sill)
          Contacts not allowed, but frequently used. Take 'em with you or ask you family to send via mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
            Contacts not allowed, but frequently used. Take 'em with you or ask you family to send via mail.
            I am not going to bother with them during BCT, if I lose one during training or it gets dirty, I'd be skrewed vision-wise, but I will have family bring them at least for graduation day.

Thanks

Comment

just don't go in the gas chamber with contacts in, your eyes will explode.

You will get a pair of eye pro too, that your prescription will fit into, including sun glasses.

Comment

The glasses are not too heavy, I too have a very strong prescription earning me the title "Eagle-eye" during BCT. Keep them clean as well as you can, they WILL scratch but you'll see better through dirt-free lenses. The eye-pro they issue you is worthless (as far as the prescription inserts go). Being that you'll have thick lenses for your prescription, they WILL rub up against the actual clear protective lenses and one of both of them will be scratched. Honestly, save your eye-pro until you have to qualify at the range, because some Drill Sergeants will only let you wear the eye-pro and not your BCGs. Find a way to see down the sights of your rifle and still be looking through your corrected lenses. Learn tricks like taking out the neck piece from your IBA, or adjusting your ACH straps a certain way. Ask your DS for help if you need to. This plagued me during BCT, but you'll find a way.

Comment

Working...
                X