X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to basic out of shape?

I used to be able to PT pretty well but haven't PT'd in months. My APFT has dropped to
    a 17:29 2 mile, 31 push ups, and 27 sit ups. I leave for basic in about a month. I'm going to start PTing more but I'm wondering how bad off I'll be considering I've fallen out of shape?

Re: Going to basic out of shape?

Do yourself a favor and start working on getting that PT score up now. Most of the guys that came into basic out of shape had a tough time meeting the requirments to pass the APFT by the end of basic. We had a few guys that didn't pass a PT test until the last one. Just work hard before you get there, and work hard during your smoke sessions in BCT. From the sounds of it you need to improve in all three catagories. You'll have enough to worry about while your there. Adding the thought of being recycled because of low PT scores is an added worry you don't need.

Comment

Its good to be in shape before. You never know how much or how little running you'll do. My DS were all about situps. The only running we ever did were the company runs. I struggled to get my 2mi down and managed just barely by the end of it.

Comment

As long as you can run a 8:30 minute mile you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
        X