X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhm, what bag?

okay, basic training is in three weeks for me. I am still really pumped to head out, but my nerves are progressively getting worse! lol!

Okay, so I looked at my packing list, and everything is crystal clear, except what bag to put everythig in lol. I have been drilling since last year, so I have that big dark green duffel bag thing that my uniform came in. I know I'm not supposed to pack my uniform because I'll be issued another one, so does the same go for the bag?

What kind of bag did you use to pack? Should I just pack it in the small, black gym bag I have? I'd prefer that since I heard the lighter the better lol. Or am I supposed to pack it in the army-issued green bag? Sorry about another packing question, but I dont want to bother my recruiter with something so asinine if I dont have to lol.

Thank ya'll SO much for everything!
    -Betty White

Re: Uhm, what bag?

I brought a back pack with a hygeine travel kit and 2 days worth of clothes (4 days of socks/underwear).

Arrived at pre-ship site, they gave me my uniforms, took us to the PX and made us buy everything (including shoes).

But, if it's on your packing list, I don't think they care what it is packed in, just as long as you bring it. (Note, if your Duffel bag is on the packing list, it can still be used to pack stuff in).

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
      I brought a back pack with a hygeine travel kit and 2 days worth of clothes (4 days of socks/underwear).

Arrived at pre-ship site, they gave me my uniforms, took us to the PX and made us buy everything (including shoes).

But, if it's on your packing list, I don't think they care what it is packed in, just as long as you bring it. (Note, if your Duffel bag is on the packing list, it can still be used to pack stuff in).
      Okay, I think I will probably do the same. it says NOTHING on the list about what to put it in. It just says to make sure that it would fit into the duffel bag or small carry-on for the flight. I wasn't sure if it would be frowned upon to just use a plain backpack lol.

Comment

Most use a gym back or a backpack. Remember, keep it around that size the will fit in a overhead compartment on a airplane. You want to keep it with you and not as lost luggage (checked baggage). Plus you will probably be asked to dump it out once or twice and want to be able to cram it all back in there.

Comment

Working...
        X