Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing list for basic ... liquids flight?

So I am looking over the packing list as we speak and ordering my stuff on amazon. So on the list I see I can walk with shower gel, toothpaste ... are we allowed to have that on the plane?

What kind of plane are we using ... commercial or military?

Would you recommend only the clothes on my back and a change of clothes ... or just the whole list to walk with?

Thanks,

Re: Packing list for basic ... liquids flight?

Originally posted by BuddyLee View Post
    So I am looking over the packing list as we speak and ordering my stuff on amazon. So on the list I see I can walk with shower gel, toothpaste ... are we allowed to have that on the plane?

Would you recommend only the clothes on my back and a change of clothes ... or just the whole list to walk with?

Thanks,
    3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure.

Be prepared. Each time TSA searches a carry-on it slows down the line. Practicing 3-1-1 will ensure a faster and easier checkpoint experience.

3-1-1 is for short trips. If in doubt, put your liquids in checked luggage.

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. Officers may need to open these items to conduct additional screening.

Since you will probably only take enough liquid toiletries for a couple days, travel size should be fine as long as you adhere to the guidelines above.

You MAY take larger sizes...BUT THEY MUST BE IN A CHECKED BAG. Since you will most likely only have a carry-on, please see the above TSA guidelies.

From what I understand you may be at BCT for at least week (give or take) so I would take one change of clothes besides what you wear....but that me. If you're not issues your PT's right away, do you want to wear the same thing a few days in a row? But thats me....at least skivvies, socks and clean shirt.

I'm sure others will chime in regarding recommended clothing as well, but as for the liquids, the above are the current federal guidelines from TSA.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyLee View Post

Thanks,
      You will take a commercial airplane to BCT. I sure remember the USO at Fort LeonardWood. Anyone else?

Comment

Got it guys, thanks ... took the safe route and ordered only ...

Delivery estimate: June 17, 2011
        1 Combination Padlock, 2-Inch"

1 "Dorm Caddy Shower Tote"

Advanced Solid, Powder Protection - 1.6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 2)"

Toothbrush Precision Clean

Delivery estimate: June 17, 2011
        1 3 Disposable Razors with Sensitive and Aloe Lubrastrip, 8-Count Packages (Pack of 2)"

1"Men's Pool Slide swim suit ,Black/White,11 M"

Comment

Why are you shopping for stuff on Amazon that you can easily get at Wal-Mart or the like?

As for what to bring, ingnore the stupid list they give you becaue you are going to rebuy everything once you get their again. Bring the clothes you are wearing (wear your running shoes), change of undies (or two) and only necessary toiletries. And paperwork. Thats it. You shouldn't fill more than a third of a backpack.

Travel light, it will help immensely.

Comment

Toothbrush, toothpaste, bar of soap and one change of clothes. The rest you will buy/be issued in reception the first week or two. And resist the temptation in reception to stock up on things like shampoo because unless you are female, you won't have hair. Skip the laundry detergent as well - they make you use the service which is nice. I wouldn't worry too much about wearing the same clothes for a couple of days in a row. You will do that plenty in weeks to come. Good luck and remember the worst part is the reception. Make it through that and it just gets easier.

Comment

Working...
            X