X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68W AIT Fast Track

Who has done it and what do you have to do when you arrive there to get into that program. I'm already enlisted I leave for Ft. leonardwood 20110712 and the Ft. sam Houston after that. I'm planning on doing the fast track I'm already a NREMT-P just wanting to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

Re: 68W AIT Fast Track

I took the fast track and I highly recommend it. First off, take copies of your NREMT (the Army only cares about NREMT) card and your CPR card as well as the originals. I suggest taking them to basic with you and just keep them in your locker. As soon as you get to Ft. Sam Reception, talk to the NCOIC in Reception about wanting to fast track. The fast track isn't a separate program. They just stick you in a class that's in progress, but you go in around week 8 or 9. As long as you have your cards in order and there's an opening in a class, you will be good to go. It's possible they might make you recert your CPR (even if you got it the day before), but they might also waive that part. There was some weirdness about them wanting everyone to take CPR there, but after some discussion my card was accepted.

A weird side effect of my fast track was that my records never made it to graduation. The same was true of the 4 other guys who fast tracked with me. Just keep in mind that you might have to go on a scavenger hunt across Ft. Sam looking for the person who has your records.

Comment

Will there be a test of sorts when I get there so I can fast track

Comment

Unless you lack your National Registry card (i.e. you only have a state license, you let your NREMT expire, or your NREMT expires within 6 months), you won't have to do a thing except show your NREMT and CPR cards. I was in reception one day and started classes the next; they just threw me into it. If the classes ahead of you are full, then you might not be allowed to fast track due to space issues. Be prepared for that.

Comment

Working...
        X