X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Units - Oklahoma National Guard

Hey just exploring a possibility. I like the idea of serving as a M1 Abrams Tank crew member. Are there any armor units in the Okla. National Guard? I'm looking at the OKC, Norman area. Also, if you affiliate with one unit can you drill at another armory, not sure how it all works. I'd kind of like to know before going to a recruiter.

Re: Armor Units - Oklahoma National Guard

Not really sure anymore. I was under the impression that most of the Armor has been removed from the Guard with the exception of California and Pennsylvania. I could be mistaken though. Armor is great. I was a 19E M60A3 tanker and then transitioned to 19K M1 Abrams, rode the beast for 13 years and lvoed it. No you cannot "affliate" with a unit and then drill elsewhere. On occassion your unit might allow you to split out and drill somewhere, or on an off day to accommodate your civilan and personal life, but you have to drill with the unit you are assigned. Especially if you are a crew member, how do you suppose you build a team of one of the members is always with someone else. Go talk to a recruiter in your area and they will take care of you and answer all your questions and address all your concerns.

Comment

LOL, Armor in Oklahoma!!!!

Try Field Artillery, or Infantry.

I suggest Artillery.

Or try Texas.

Comment

The Oklahoma National Guard does not possess any armor units. We have the 45th Infantry Brigade and the 45th Fires Brigade.

Comment

So what are the best MOS in those brigades, besides infantryman. Not sure what all makes up a Fires Brigade.

Comment

Working...
          X