X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing MOS while split op

Hey everyone.My contract is being ammended to be split option, so I'll be going to basic training this summer as I had already planned for and AIT at some later point since I fell behind in school and will not be able to graduate on time.

My question is, can I change MOS after coming back from BCT and before AIT? I was talking to a fellow guard soldier at my church and he said if I was still interested in being a Combat Engineer( The MOS I originally wanted) I told him yes and he said that the Sapper Company he's in is coming home from a deployment in August and that there will be members leaving the unit. He said that he could get me into the unit if slots were to open up. Is this possible?

If it isn't that'd be fine cause I like the MOS I got (13B) but if it is that'd be amazing! Just looking for some answers here.Thank you!

Re: Changing MOS while split op

You are contracted for 13B and have to serve in that MOS for a while (I believe at least two years) before allowing to reclass.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      You are contracted for 13B and have to serve in that MOS for a while (I believe at least two years) before allowing to reclass.
      +1. Yuo'll have to go to the AIT for what you enlisted for. However, if you change units, and the new unit needs a certain MOS, they can send you to a reclass school to get certified in that MOS as well. That's probably your best bet, and if I were you, I would complete my AIT then explore that option.

Comment

Thank you all for clearing that up. I'm glad I have the MOS I do and I hope to do the best I can and hopefully become a FA officer later on down the road.Also another question, My biggest fear of the fact that I'm doing split option now is not being physically ready for 13B AIT after a few months of being home from basic. Does anyone have any experience with 13B AIT and split-op soldiers attending it?

Comment

No advice on doing 13B AIT specifically, but you just voiced your biggest fear. You've identified a potential problem (not being physically ready for AIT), so meet that problem head on and wipe it out. Don't sit around your house just because you completed BCT. You've still got work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MPThink View Post
            No advice on doing 13B AIT specifically, but you just voiced your biggest fear. You've identified a potential problem (not being physically ready for AIT), so meet that problem head on and wipe it out. Don't sit around your house just because you completed BCT. You've still got work to do.
            MPThink is a bucket of Hooah lol. But he speaks truth. Stay focused.

Comment

Working...
            X