X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with the website.

I don't know if there is an issue with the website but I am experiencing bugs with the website.

Some buttons will not work for me at random times, I cannot highlight links most of the time, I am unable to copy links as well, and some other bugs. I tried restarting Firefox (what I am currently using), but there are some bugs on the website (at least on my computer). It used to be fine too.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I figured I'd give you guys a heads up.

Re: Issue with the website.

There's an old thread on this, but it is worth bringing up again. Problem is not being able to click ANYTHING unless it is toward the very top or very bottom of screen. Meaning you have to move your window around or scroll up and down. I don't have this problem on other forums with Firefox. If you use a different browser, it will work fine.

Comment

I had the same problem for the longest time, and I regularly use Chrome. Currently my only work-around is to use a different browser when visiting this site.

Comment

Oddly, I've found a lot of success with IE, instead of Firefox or Chrome. I'm pushing this issue up, however.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          There's an old thread on this, but it is worth bringing up again. Problem is not being able to click ANYTHING unless it is toward the very top or very bottom of screen. Meaning you have to move your window around or scroll up and down. I don't have this problem on other forums with Firefox. If you use a different browser, it will work fine.
          That explains a lot. I switched back to using IE for this website instead of Firefox. I hate IE however...

Comment

Originally posted by PAxyz View Post
            That explains a lot. I switched back to using IE for this website instead of Firefox. I hate IE however...
            It's definitely an issue with using Chrome. I'm going to test it with Firefox and see how it works. The only browser that has been completely trouble free for me is Internet Explorer.

Some avatars do not display correctly when using Chrome.

*EDIT: The same bugs happen with Firefox 10.x*

Hopefully, they can work out these bugs for the forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_s...f_web_browsers

Only about 25% of the Internet users are using IE. Hopefully they update the software for the board sometime soon.
            Last edited by Polo08816; February 19th, 2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

This also happens on Safari on the iPad. Sometimes moving the screen around, or changing the orientation fixes it. It tends to happen more at the tops and bottoms of the display, so scrolling around can help.

Comment

This website needs to be redesigned and reengineered using JavaScript and/or Java, or at least the VBulletin Engine restored to original parameters with developers to stop messing with the pre-existing design. It makes this forum feel like it was designed by some kid in high school.

If you want more information or methods on how to create a forums site out of Java or JavaScript you can simply youtube how to do anything you'd ever want. The issues exist on this website mainly because someone keeps tampering with the sourcecode (devs) of the VBulletin engine.

Comment

If the admin aren't already aware, hopefully they will be eventually. And hopefully they will have the resources to do something about it.

Comment

The only thing I've noticed is that the Avatars aren't coming up. A few of the mod's come through, but the Joe's are not.

Everything else seems to be G2G.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
                      The only thing I've noticed is that the Avatars aren't coming up. A few of the mod's come through, but the Joe's are not.

Everything else seems to be G2G.
                      +1............

Comment

Trust me, I understand the frustration. The browser compatibility issue is odd, and we (the other admins and I) are working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moore View Post
                          Trust me, I understand the frustration. The browser compatibility issue is odd, and we (the other admins and I) are working on it.
                          I haven't had these issues for the past day or two with either Chrom(ium) or Firefox. I'm guessing an update occurred?

Comment

The font and other buttons are back at least.

Comment

Working...
                            X