X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Navigation

Is anyone having issues in chrome/firefox browsing through posts? The only browser that works properly for me in Internet Explorer 9....

Re: Forum Navigation

What is the problem?

Comment

Scrolling through a posts various pages, even hitting quick reply....

Comment

Yes. I have a problem on Firefox with this forum and a few others. You have to scroll so that the button you want to click is towards the bottom of your screen. I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this.

(I can't even click in this Quick Reply box, unless it's toward the bottom.)

Comment

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Resetting_preferences

Try that.

Comment

Its also happening in chrome, the mozilla reset didnt work for me...

Comment

Chrome works fine with me...might be a select issue. Maybe make sure all the javascripts and such are up to date?

Comment

Firefox 5 and still have this issue. And it's across multiple PCs as well. Ugh....it makes it a pain in the **** to even approve posts because I can click the Mod Tools, but the menu items I can't most of the time.

This is the only forum I have this issue with.

Comment

I'm having the same issue on Firefox 3.6.18 and Safari - it seems like it is related to the feedback button. If I can put the buttons or links I want to click above or below the feedback button - they work (i.e. at the top or bottom of the page). Also, on the forum home page, in the advanced post or edit pages (where there is no feedback button) I do not have the same issues in either browser.
                  Last edited by TerraAduro; July 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

It's not too bad on my work computer. But it's also a 24'' screen.

Basically if I scroll it so buttons are in the middle, I cannot click on them at all. This REALLY ***** on smaller screens though.

Comment

Now it is doing it on the latest version of Safari from my iPad.

Comment

I still don't see any problem with anything

Maybe Java and such needs to be updated. Did you update your Ipad to 5.0 recently?

My Iphone 4 iOS 5.0 works fine. Even previous versions.

Comment

The iPad is 5.0....since Safari 5 is included with it. It is not a Java issue. It's a forum issue....primarily with Firefox.

Comment

I use Chrome primarily and have found the same issue with all links in range of the feedback button.

Adding a .closed class definition to the #thread-poll-everything definition, that changes the width of #thread-poll-everything to 30px might be all the fix that is necessary.

Explanation:
                            When the survey is expanded by clicking feedback, there is a window around the feedback form, that masks all interaction with the page behind this window. This also includes using the mouse to move the cursor within this reply box, if it is in this region. This prevents any unintentional page interaction while the form is open. (If this didn't happen, you could think you were clicking on a survey option and actually be clicking on a page link like "View Tag Cloud"). The issue is that, in some browsers, when the survey is closed, this window is not re-sized, so all interaction behind this invisible window is still masked. It works fine for me in IE7 by the way.

(Please forgive some of my terminology, it's been a long time since I actually did much HTML coding)

Comment

Working...
                            X