Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for the site... What's everyone else think about...

a mobile site? Obviously in todays world everything is fast moving. Why not create a mobile site for access on a phone like blackberry, droid, or iPhone? I would say an app, but that takes alot of agreements with the different companies such as apple and blackberry(google allows automatic upload no agreement). But a mobile webpage would get people their answers quicker and slightly more efficiently in todays age I think!

Re: Idea for the site... What's everyone else think about...

I agree. That would be awesome. There's many times when I wish to read on the board, or am away from my computer, and only have my iPhone.

I'm all for it, Sir!

Alex

Comment

As in an APP? Cuase I can get on via Iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
        As in an APP? Cuase I can get on via Iphone.
        As as app would be cool.. I can get on via my iPhone too, however I mean make the site have a mobile version. Such as you know when you go to cnn on your phone and it makes it into a mobile site so you can do everything easier without having to zoom in crazy amounts and such

Comment

Oh right right. Well, speaking of changes, one of the Admins is setting a hard date for changes. I'll definitely throw this one in the pile, sir.

Comment

Oh right right. Well, speaking of changes, one of the Admins is setting a hard date for changes. I'll definitely throw this one in the pile, sir.
            Sweet deal man. I'm excited to see more changes

Comment

Not so much a "hard date" for changes. It's more the first go-round. I'll have more information after that. The website is going to be going through a lot of changes, so we'll see what we can fit in and where.

Comment

Sidebar....Can you also ask the admins or gate keepers if they/we could start 54 forums? One for each guard state or territory. I would like to again be able to post my monthly MOS positions available. Thank you for your consideration.

Comment

An app would be great, I often open the forum with my browswer and it doesn't always wrk so well.

Not to start a new thread just for this, but is there anyway to increase the 'Inbox' capacity? I often get messages that mine is full (which is helpful) but then I miss out on the messages.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SGT_CONLEY View Post
                    Sidebar....Can you also ask the admins or gate keepers if they/we could start 54 forums? One for each guard state or territory. I would like to again be able to post my monthly MOS positions available. Thank you for your consideration.

That request is difficult to provide, since that is A LOT of bandwith.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT_CONLEY View Post
                      That request is difficult to provide, since that is A LOT of bandwith.
                      What if they could "sticky" a post from recruiters of certain states that request it. That way they can just update that post each month with any changes and it would still be at the top of the recruiting section.

Comment

Recruiters that join the forums will be verified and stick out within the community. They will most likely have their own forum to post their stuff.

Comment

Since this can be picked up for mobile on the web, perhaps better to have the developers do a mirror site formatted to mobile devices. An app might not realy work unless there was forms, etc that needed to be filled out and saved somewhere.

I agree 54 diffent forums here to announce vacancies would be a lot in both terms of bandwidth and storage - especially since this changes constantly. Best maybe to have a section in FAQs that would allow for a one time posting of a general list of MOS's that each state has - or a pointer to a state's local web site that lists units and MOS's. Although I am in ARNG-NE, I know that ARNG-CO has an excellant web site with info on units and jobs.

Comment

I'm not saying that we'll NEVER do it, but the lists that recruiters see is ever changing. We could do it, but the amount of moderation such threads would require, and the co-ordination between a dedicated moderator and a recruiter would be crazy.

Also, since the lists change daily, it would cause more of a pain on recruiters both on and off this forum, because an applicant will see their dream job on here, go to their recruiter's office and ask for the job. If the job got filled between the time the applicant saw it, and the time they got down to the recruiters office (either the recruiter in question JUST sent someone off to enlist into it, or another recruiter filled the position), then the recruiter, this forum, and the National Guard all look bad. We've considered it, but we decided against it.
                            It just seems better for everyone involved if we identify and tag recruiters, so people in their states can send PM's or set up appointments.

Comment

Roger that. Understood.

Comment

Working...
                              X