Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Punish Overweight Troops?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: Why Punish Overweight Troops?

    Originally posted by Ibarra801 View Post
    If the military had a draft would they care if im overweight??
    You just woke up a dinosaur of a thread, but...

    Yes they would care. You still have to be medically qualified to serve, even if you are drafted.

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: Why Punish Overweight Troops?

      Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      You just woke up a dinosaur of a thread, but...

      Yes they would care. You still have to be medically qualified to serve, even if you are drafted.
      Which that itself is going to be a problem because a large number of young people my age are not able to make that. If for whatever reason you aren't medically qualified to serve I suspect you would be sent to work in some defense factory making war time supplies and spare parts for the government or put to use building other war time related infrastructure. Now this would probably only happen in the event of an apocalyptic world war so........just saying.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: Why Punish Overweight Troops?

        Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
        Which that itself is going to be a problem because a large number of young people my age are not able to make that. If for whatever reason you aren't medically qualified to serve I suspect you would be sent to work in some defense factory making war time supplies and spare parts for the government or put to use building other war time related infrastructure. Now this would probably only happen in the event of an apocalyptic world war so........just saying.
        Those standards would be "modified," just like they "modified" the ASVAB standards back in 2005-2006 when enlistments dropped because most prospective recruits saw what was going on in Iraq and said "H3LL no." Of course, those privates who enlisted with sub-20 AFQT scores are now SGTs and SSGs, and we're only beginning to feel the damage done by that reduction in standards. But it's okay, because some General got a bullet point on his OER for increasing enlistments.

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: Why Punish Overweight Troops?

          Originally posted by jwarren View Post
          Those standards would be "modified," just like they "modified" the ASVAB standards back in 2005-2006 when enlistments dropped because most prospective recruits saw what was going on in Iraq and said "H3LL no." Of course, those privates who enlisted with sub-20 AFQT scores are now SGTs and SSGs, and we're only beginning to feel the damage done by that reduction in standards. But it's okay, because some General got a bullet point on his OER for increasing enlistments.
          Yes Sir you are correct the standards would be reduced to civil war standards of just having two arms, two legs, have somewhat decent vision, and some teeth in order to serve. I bet though people back than were in better shape than the average person today.

          Comment

          Working...
          X