X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where were you on 9/11/01

with the 10th anniversary coming up i thought it might we might share were we all were on the faithful day..

me i was in the 4th grade in school when it came over the loud speaker and we put on the tv and we watched it happen .. i remember it very well .. it could not of been more then 15 mins after it happen but lots and lots of parents came and pulled there kids out of school by the end of the day there were 5 of us left ..

Re: where were you on 9/1/01

In my AP Psych class junior year...trying to stay awake. I had enlisted just a few months prior.

Comment

I was at work writing a estimate on 2001 Jaguar JX8 belonging to my family physician (Dr. Hazim). He kept saying I bet it's a jihadist...Poor guy was a Christian Lebanese; I'm sure he caught hades within the next few days because of his ethnicity...

Comment

I was at my ex husbands visiting (cant remember why, we had remained friends so it was just a typical stop I imagine) before I had to be in class. I was 26 years old, working and going to local tech school. I skipped classes that day. My brother was in the Army at Fort Drum and I was very worried. Sister living out on the east coast too. Today my brother works at the Pentagon and my sister still lives out there...I fear for them some this coming anniversary and what could happen. I was angry because my brother and other close friends had been deployed already a few times and knew it wasnt going to be good for any of them. I thought when we didnt take care of it many years ago how we knew something would happen and angry that everyone now has to be affected again. This year I get an APFT and range qual for the 10 year! lol I wasnt enlisted when it happend.

Comment

I was 20 miles north of Ground Zero and activated afterwards. I will always remember that smell when I went down there. 9/11 a day I never forget.

Comment

I'll give you a hint of my age...

I was in 8th grade science class. Rumors started (by some fat kid) that helicopters were attacking New York and the White House. Announcements came on saying that teacher WILL NOT turn on TVs or Radios. The thing is...we lived in Northern VA so a lot of our parents work in DC and even New York which was ****. I went home and watch a little of it on TV.

5 years later I enlisted.

Comment

I was in bed asleep after closing the bar the night/morning before. My mom came in and woke me up (rather early since my afternoon class didnt start for another 4 hours) and we watched it unfold the rest of the day. my husband and I were just friends at the time and he still lived in Canada. I remember him calling in a panic because he had been trying to get though for hours but cell service was spotty due to volume. I stayed in my Pooh Bear jammie pants that day.. amazing what you remember huh.

Comment

I was at work; setting up a paint display at ACE hardware.

Comment

I was on duty, actually. Our state employees that worked in group homes went on strike, so the ARNG was called up to fill in. We were up at Camp Ripley, our state's military reservation, doing training. We were all sitting in the briefing room when Gen. Gene Andreotti, head of the Minnesota National Guard, stormed up to the front and said, "Well we've got one **** of a mess on our hands. The state workers are striking, planes are hitting the World Trade Center, and we've got a lot of work to do, so let's get started." Everyone kind of looked at each other like, "what was that last? Planes hitting the Twin Towers?"

Soon people started looking the news up on their cell phones (only the high-tech ones at that time), and at our first break an hour or two later, the room was abuzz with conversation and speculation. Later at lunch I saw the replayed video of the second plane hitting the tower, and my heart sank to my toes. I thought, "I just saw a few hundred people die in an instant, and on national TV." We were all fired up after that.

Comment

Working road construction on Newbridge Rd. Levittown, Long Island, NY. The Foreman pulled up in his truck and told us about the first plane. We would get updates on his truck radio when ever he came by. I remember seeing a woman weeping in her car at a gas station while she sat at the pump. We were all laid off at the end of the day, and I didn't care.

Comment

Working...
                    X