X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was your AT this year?

Just wanted to hear some AT stories. Did you have a good time, or did you hate it? Do any cool stuff?

Re: How was your AT this year?

We are doing an MTOE change. Processing over 6,000 pieces of equipment.

Today we had to drive from Belvoir to upper Baltimore in a convoy. Let me tell you, it was more than panic.

Comment

Ah, Belvoir. I was there for a year..........3rd grade year.

Comment

I don't really have AT anymore, but I'm out at PEC right now for 4 weeks for the Senior Leader Course, so I guess that could be considered my AT.

Comment

Which one? We are in the box, so the first one was MOS related, the second will be WTBD stuff with 1st Army. Both are/were at Camp Shelby thus a fun filled 6 hour convoy. The first included a blown 5 ton engine and a blown wheel seal on a 916 trailer. Lets hope the second is less fun filled.

Comment

I got to train with some Rangers doing MOUT at MUTC in Indiana, lots of high speed training.

Comment

We started a forest fire with some tree cutting charges. It very quickly got out of control. Talk about panic lol!

Comment

That sounds crazy, SGT. Sounds like everyone is having a good time, even SGT Teuvil.

I'm doing my first AT right now. I woke up this morning stepped outside and all I could smell was religious support. HOOAH, that and running around like a chicken. Trying to help soldiers.

Comment

I'm about to head off to phase 3 OCS for annual training. AMA... Fort McClellan. Come back on the 15th of August and Commission on the 7th. So other than just two more weeks of sucking in the field, this AT will have a payoff.

Comment

Not bad for a guy that needed a waiver!!! Lead the way.

Comment

So I was standing there in the latrine and this man, whom I thought was a civilian at the time started asking me questions about my lil candidate id thing. I told him who I was and what I did. And he made the comment that God must not have chosen me. Well, I smiled and laughed, and went on about my business.

So later, I notice that someone had the door open to their room open. Well I glanced in while walking by and there was a Canadian Soldier's uniform, and that guy. I know it's bad but, this Canadian Soldier is wearing some short shorts (eww), and he was drinking beer. Sprawled out all over his rack, with no shirt on, just happy as a lark. Smilin like a opossum eating road ****. So I just had to begin in robust giggles. But I went back and introduced myself. I saw him today running, I called him a Royal Mountie, we both laughed. Pretty good guy.

Ah life as a chaplain candidate can be dull. Thank God for the Canadians to liven things up.

Comment

Ft. Drum in May!! A little wet but it was warm. We supported the 27th IBCT training for their deployment early next year.

Comment

Very hot. Got to shoot the M240B, M249, MK 19, M4, and M9 though. Plus, had a few good situations for patient care (not for them of course) but experience can't be bought or taught you just get it as you go along. Got promoted too.

Comment

I went to Australia for Talisman Sabre.... wasn't the best experience, but not the worst. Had planning on the Australian side gone a bit better, missions woulda been alot better. But it was a good cross-training exercise.

Comment

Just finished my third AT with one more still to go. It's been a busy year, but very rewarding.

Comment

Working...
                              X