Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airborne School

Hi all,

Well I'm pleased to say that I graduated Airborne School yesterday and am now back home in Colorado! I was direct-shipped there from 11B OSUT, so I was supposed to graduat March 25th, however I was recycled on the first day due to food poisoning (I vomited during the PT Test, but still passed, and then when I did the same again at the DFAC I had to go to sick call, so I missed training and was recycled. After a week in hold-over I finally got started, and overall it was a great experience! Definitely some annoying things, some fun things, and plenty of in-between. Unfortunately we had very bad weather and aircraft problems, so I only got 4 jumps in, and then this week we weren't able to jump until Wednesday, when everyone got finished up and graduated on the drop-zone.

It was definitely a proud moment receiving my "wings" and now being able to proudly wear them on my uniform

Back home now, time for a bit of R&R before deciding on my next moves (OCS etc) - in any case this has been an incredible experience and a world away from where I was in my first post on this forum - trying to get an RE-3 ELS Waiver, with little hope and mountains to climb before I could get back in, let alone attempt military training again. But let that be encouragement to all who are waiting on waivers and "second chances" - work hard, be patient and learn from your past mistakes...and things will come together for you in the end.

Re: Airborne School

Congrats and welcome home soldier! Goes to show hard work, dedication, and perseverance pays off.

Comment

Congrats Brother.

Comment

Great post. Welcome back, now your career begins.

Comment

Well done! Congrats on the wings.

Comment

Congrats brother!
            Did you have airborne in your contract or earn it at basic? What was your pt score?

Comment

Originally posted by 11b_Orguard View Post
              Congrats brother!
              Did you have airborne in your contract or earn it at basic? What was your pt score?
              I earnt it at basic - my PT score was a 284, and the cut-off was a 280. I'm not sure if that was just for my specific platoon, company, or overall (we had several guys there who had Airborne in their contracts, and averaged around a 250).

Comment

Congrats Airborne. Nicely done. Now go to an airborne unit and pop that cherry.

Comment

Working...
                X