X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Worst drill ever" stories

With alot of the thick accents that I hear "soldiers" speak with; sometimes it does sound like shoulders :0)

thanks for the good laugh too.

Comment

Last edited by MPThink; 1 Minute Ago at 11:53 AM. Reason: RSP NCO wins!
      A truthful edit.

Comment

I've had plenty of drills where I sat around wishing I had something to do. Most every drill is like that. The worst thus far (and this is more situational to myself than anything else) was a drill where we literally waited for meetings to end until roundabouts 7:30 pm on Sunday. Most of us were already tired from our unit PT test, and some of us (like myself) had 4+ hour drives back home. This on top of the fact that they'd anticipated us to get out earlier so dinner chow was never even prepared. I didn't get home until sometime in the AM because I was so damned tired that I actually had to pull over onto the side of the road to take a nap.
        I currently fear the worst is yet to come, I've got a range drill coming up during which I'll miss 2 days of college classes, thursday of one week and monday of the next. This is going to be entirely too fun, I'll be lucky if I'm not stark raving mad by the end of my contract. Lucky for me, 2 more years to go, and a possible re-up if I'm not nuttier than a pecan pie by then.

Comment

I know its over a year old...but this thread is awesome. Keep it going.

Comment

Most of OCS Phase 0 was pretty rough, but they did get us mentally prepared for Phase 1. I think we had it worse in Phase 0 than Phase 1 at AMA. We were on a 5 mile ruck in tactical formation, doing a 15min/mile pace, and the formation began to get too staggered about 2 miles in. We immediately got dropped, lined up feet on the fence, high crawled under everyone's arched bodies, then had to go low crawl in the wet grass for 100m. We didn't slow down again after that.

It gets better. Once we got back to our staging area, we had 5 seconds to get all our gear off (rifle, ruck, FLIC, ACH) and as exhausted as we were did'nt make that time hack. Next, we did walking lunges for 100m down one end, then sprinted back down the hill. Another set of walking lunges, another sprint back. Then a low crawl face in the mud, then roll on our sides down the hill. Sprint back up the hill, roll back down the hill. Everyone was falling over like we were drunk. TAC says "Feel that? That's what a concussion feels like when an IED goes off or mortars land next to you! You'll move faster next time!"

Epic. There are almost always some stories like that, but that one I'll never forget.

Comment

Working...
            X