Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Worst drill ever" stories

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
    OK, I think that is what I will do, just to be safe (hopefully)....although I've heard no one is 'safe' from getting smoked at some point! I don't mind, it's all part of the process.. Yeah!

I am so excited for my first RSP, I've already get my little bag packed! BCT seems so far away! (Ft. Sill, August)
    Right--no one is safe. There's always going to be that one NCO or DS that will smoke you just for the sake of smoking you--just because you were standing there--just because you smiled at him/her--just because, well, just because.

There's one NCO in my detachment that really needs to be a comedian. He cracks jokes while he smokes somebody. People start laughing at random and he ends up smoking the whole detachment.

He smoked a guy while he was moping the floor. He smoked a guy because he didn't know the NCO's name, then smoked him again because three other guys he smoked automatically knew to yell his name every time they counted off a push-up.

He caught a guy trying to take a trash bag to the garbage can... "HEY YOU!! DROP!!!"
    "They know my name, private! Why don't YOU know my name, private!! DROP!!

"You think I'm funny too, huh? DROP!!!"

"Oh that's the best push-up form I've ever seen!! RECOVER!! DROP!!"

"You trying to anticipate my command?!!? DROP!!"
    Last edited by VICEROY06; February 28th, 2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

he loves his rank huh?

Comment

Originally posted by 11Bang View Post
        he loves his rank huh?
        You have to be there. It's hilarious the way he does it. He only let's you do 10 maybe 12 push-ups before he tells you to recover--sometimes 5 push-ups. Nothing abusive or harsh. Everybody laughs it off afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
          Having a "worst drill ever" is a state of mind. I don't claim to be perfect but I'm pretty good at following simple instructions or complex instructions for that matter.
          Okay...us simpletons will try and remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            Okay...us simpletons will try and remember that.
            1. Must be 15 minutes early if not right on time when reporting to drill (check)
            2. Face must be shaved clean as a baby's bottom (check)
            3. Must wear ankle high white socks especially if wearing shorts to drill (check)
            4. Must hydrate before reporting to drill (check)
            5. Must run 2 miles in 14 minutes (check)
            6. Must perform at least 60 push-ups and 54 sit-ups (check)
            7. Must have battle buddy at all times (check)
            8. Must know how to fall in, parade rest, stand at attention, left/right face etc. (check)
            9. Must memorize warrior creed, enlisted & CO ranks etc. (check)
            10. Must call recruiter after arriving home from drill (check)

I believe that's simple enough...HOOAH?!?

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
              Right--no one is safe. There's always going to be that one NCO or DS that will smoke you just for the sake of smoking you--just because you were standing there--just because you smiled at him/her--just because, well, just because.

There's one NCO in my detachment that really needs to be a comedian. He cracks jokes while he smokes somebody. People start laughing at random and he ends up smoking the whole detachment.

He smoked a guy while he was moping the floor. He smoked a guy because he didn't know the NCO's name, then smoked him again because three other guys he smoked automatically knew to yell his name every time they counted off a push-up.

He caught a guy trying to take a trash bag to the garbage can... "HEY YOU!! DROP!!!"
              "They know my name, private! Why don't YOU know my name, private!! DROP!!

"You think I'm funny too, huh? DROP!!!"

"Oh that's the best push-up form I've ever seen!! RECOVER!! DROP!!"

"You trying to anticipate my command?!!? DROP!!"
              What a painful sounding NCO. I'm the polar opposite of that dude. My soldiers are all older than me and I treat them like grown *** men. I didn't get my *** kicked in high school enough to treat people like that one weekend a month and two weeks a year, I'm there to help people. Sounds like a senior NCO needs to square him away.

Comment

Originally posted by YesWeCan2008 View Post
                What a painful sounding NCO. I'm the polar opposite of that dude. My soldiers are all older than me and I treat them like grown *** men. I didn't get my *** kicked in high school enough to treat people like that one weekend a month and two weeks a year, I'm there to help people. Sounds like a senior NCO needs to square him away.
                There's a difference between a drill with a unit and an RSP drill. The NCOs are there to put them in stressful environments. I'm sure this NCO is not like this in a normal unit.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                  There's a difference between a drill with a unit and an RSP drill. The NCOs are there to put them in stressful environments. I'm sure this NCO is not like this in a normal unit.
                  Hopefully not. I've had an NCO who treated myself and some of my guys like that during drill, and this is in a real unit. My wife's unit is the same way. I mean you always have the difficult people in every unit, I understand the RSP thing, I was there before. This NCO that was in my unit put NCOs down in front of their soldiers and other things. Just a bad situation. I hope this new crop of young NCOs can put us in the right direction.

Comment

First formation,I was caught scratching my b---s,I was put in the leaning rest position and instructed to yell at the top of my lungs " Sir I will never scratch my nasty b---s in formation again. The Captain was trying to signal the DI to stop me as all the Nurses heading to Ireland Army Hospital were passing by,the Nurses were all cracked up,but the Captain was not,I guess you had to be there. Regards E5S......

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                      OK, I think that is what I will do, just to be safe (hopefully)....although I've heard no one is 'safe' from getting smoked at some point! I don't mind, it's all part of the process.. Yeah!

I am so excited for my first RSP, I've already get my little bag packed! BCT seems so far away! (Ft. Sill, August)
                      I had that same feeling in Octobe rof last year! I ship in July and time has been flying. I initially started off thinking that I had like 9 drills before i left. AND NOW IT'S DOWN TO TWO! lol. I am excited though!

As for a worst drill story.... oh boy. My RSD is soooo laid back normally. But then we had some soldiers go to basic and drop out, so they got nuch harder on us. That drill, these two idiots on fire guard woke up the cadre and we did PT until 0600. Then the drill sergeant told us to get showered. When we got back, we did MORE PT in our ACUs. It was pretty awful. Those boots really tore up my feet!

Comment

I can't say that I've personally had a 'worst RSP / drill exerience' that I'd consider on par with many of these but I've witnessed some reasonably tough smokings (albe them 'well deserved'). We had our Platoon SGT make a PVT do 'alligator pushups' (kind of combining mountainclimbers / push-ups by my perception) up and down the barracks bay for 20 minutes (straight) while all the while yelling 'I love to tan naked' - since he'd apparently admitted to the cadre at some point that he went tanning (if that's your thing, fine, but telling your SGT? Big mistake) and then upon being questioned further, that he went tanning naked (again, not my thing, and really? Ouch! This was an even bigger mistake in admission). The whole bay about wet themselves laughing, myself included, I think even the perpetrator saw the humor in it, but man, what a lesson to learn, I'm quite sure it'll still be being retold after I get back from BCT.

Comment

Hahaha, those are the best. In BCT a guy forgot to get a fork, so he had to yell 'FORK, SPOON, CUPS, THEY'RE ALL A FAMILY, DON'T BREAK THEM UP!" while everyone else went through the chow line. The DS's then made a Puerto Rican guard soldier stand by him and yell it in Spanish. Good times.
                          Last edited by MPThink; April 5th, 2011, 03:53 PM. Reason: RSP NCO wins!

Comment

Originally posted by MPThink View Post
                            Hahaha, those are the best. In BCT a guy forgot to get a fork, so he had to yell 'FORK, SPOON, CUPS, THEY'RE ALL A FAMILY, DON'T BREAK THEM UP!" while everyone else went through the chow line. The DS's then made a Puerto Rican guard shoulder stand by him and yell it in Spanish. Good times.
                            Hahahaha, wicked awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MPThink View Post
                              The DS's then made a Puerto Rican guard shoulder stand by him and yell it in Spanish. Good times.
                              Wow...they can make their "shoulder" yell in PR? thats impressive...all I can do is shrug mine.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                                Wow...they can make their "shoulder" yell in PR? thats impressive...all I can do is shrug mine.
                                LOL....you are crackin me up today.

Comment

Working...
                                X