X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard takes you to new places

Being deployed in Afghanistan right now has proven to be interesting for a member of the Guard. Without getting into too much specifics we were to be attached to the 10th MNT and when we got here they looked at like we wee crazy. Being MP's we usually aren't welcomed anywhere, so this was no surprise. The area we are in is controlled by the Germans and we as far as I know the first unit to be attached to a German Army MP COY, so our bosses are German and so is our missions. It's very interesting and I look at it as a once in a lifetime deployment and experience as well. I hope the unit that is to replace soon expands on this and learns something from our close friend Germany.

Re: Guard takes you to new places

Thats Awesome, good post. The Guard is a great way to see places all around the world. Experiencing new and different cultures and being able to adapt to your surroundings, to accomplish a common task. It has the ability to show you the world. Stay safe and come back soon.

Comment

You also get to work with a variety of professions, which has its advantages both on and off duty.
      Last edited by SteveLord; January 14th, 2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

its the REAL general! thanks for sharing!

Comment

That sounds awesome! Good to hear a fellow Nevada MP is doing something unique.

Comment

Working...
          X