Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some info on 13F and 31B ?

Hey everyone

So I was looking to get some information on these 2 MOS. They are pretty much what I have narrowed my choices down to. I wanted to go Infantry but there wasent a unit close enough to me.

Basically im looking for a MOS that has a lot of pride within it. What is to be expected being one of these jobs? What does most of the AIT consist of? I think I understand the job of a MP but what is the job of a 13F during peacetime?

Also I know that 31B is OSUT, is 13F also?

Re: Some info on 13F and 31B ?

13F is a forward observer. If you google search that it will produce a plethora of information to feast your eyes on. Any MOS can have a lot of pride associated with it. Although I have to say during my time in the Artillery there was a ton of pride in the King of Battle, more than I've witnessed anywhere else. During peace time you train for war time, and that goes with any MOS. So a 13F will be going out to the field and will put steal on target.

Both jobs are pretty drastically different, 13F being combat arms and 31B being combat support. As a 13F you will move with the forward line infantry to provide fire support via artillery.

Comment

Does being a 13f consist of a lot of mathematical things? If there was one thing in life that i could say was my weakness it would have to be math. I scored right at a 50 on my
      Asvab, math really hurt my score but all my line scores were good my recruiter said I could pretty much have any job i want. Basic math is a breeze, but when it comes to the more complicated things I'm just horrible. I'm really leaning towards 13f but I just don't want to set my self up for failure when getting to AIT

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
        13F is a forward observer. If you google search that it will produce a plethora of information to feast your eyes on. Any MOS can have a lot of pride associated with it. Although I have to say during my time in the Artillery there was a ton of pride in the King of Battle, more than I've witnessed anywhere else. During peace time you train for war time, and that goes with any MOS. So a 13F will be going out to the field and will put steal on target.

Both jobs are pretty drastically different, 13F being combat arms and 31B being combat support. As a 13F you will move with the forward line infantry to provide fire support via artillery.
        MPs do their field work too. Lol yes very different indeed. Ill just give my take on 31B. There is alot of pride associated within the MP Corps. We are expected to be held to a high standard. After all we can't nab people for disobeying if we can't meet standards ourselves. We are avery small field and have to stick together because every other mos hates us. We may fight amongst ourselves but have no mercy on anyone who messes with our buddies. Yes we are combat support but we are also considered the force of choice in low intensity conflicts. Mos have proven themselves in hard combat situations throughout history. By no means are we just cops or gate guards we do much more. We carry just as much firepower in our trucks as an entire infantry squad. I can go on and on but just had to show in my little. 02.

Comment

You don't have to be a whiz at math to be a 13F. My original MOS was 13E, and even though we were considered the brains of the artillery you didn't have to be a whiz at anything to do our job.

Comment

You will like 13F much better. I was a 13F during my enlisted days. There is no greater MOS! 13F AIT is a lot of fun if you like your job. There are long days spend in the simulator and on the OP. I love FA, which is the reason I commissioned in the 13 series. You will love the King of Battle.
            Last edited by MattINNG; January 9th, 2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07 View Post
              We carry just as much firepower in our trucks as an entire infantry squad.
              So does a tank but why does that matter? Different missions, different combat loads.

Comment

Originally posted by MattINNG View Post
                You will like 13F much better. I was a 13F during my enlisted days. There is no greater MOS! 13F AIT is a lot of fun if you like your job. There are long days spend in the simulator and on the OP. I love FA, which is the reason I commissioned in the 12 series. You will love the King of Battle.
                13 series is FA...

OP, go visit the units and see which one you like best. I've found the unit is more important then the branch/MOS.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                  So does a tank but why does that matter? Different missions, different combat loads.
                  SGT, I agree. I'mj ust giving my take on my MOS. There are quite a few misconceptions about what exactly we do.

Comment

Don't forget about about the doughnut breaks you'd get with 31B...that should move it up on your list. lol

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                      Don't forget about about the doughnut breaks you'd get with 31B...that should move it up on your list. lol
                      Oh and nap time too! (in your patrol car of course) lol

Comment

Working...
                      X