Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any experience with MOS 29E - Electronic Warfare?

Hi, new poster here. I just came off 5 years of active duty (E-4P/11B) here on Fort Lewis. Also just signed my NG contract, which included a 3-year extension and a reclass to 29E (Electronic Warfare).

I did a search, and most of the info I find on Google (and on this forum) is from 2009. My Career Counselor couldn't tell me anything more about the MOS than what is readily available on Google....

...SO, I was wondering if anyone here had any experiences with the MOS 29E? I know guys have been tasked as CREW or DUKE SME's during deployments, but I'm looking for anyone with actual experience in the 29-series MOS. Anyone know how the school is? What the duties are like for deployment? Whether or not this is purely a staff job? Etc...

Also; any tips for my transition to the Guard side? I know it'll be a lot different than AD, just not how much different.

Thanks for any input,
    -Rob

Re: Anyone have any experience with MOS 29E - Electronic Warfare?

I'd recommend you don't sign a NG contact until you meet your unit. Use your terminal leave and do a drill with them first. Find out how long the school is and if they can even get you into the school. This the down side of PS and the RC.

It can be a culture shock going into the RC. Its not better or worse, just different. Keep an open mind.

Comment

Working...
    X