X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volunteer for deployments

I am wondering can a guard soldier volunteer to be deployed with another unit that he is not with? thank you

Re: volunteer for deployments

Try a simple search of "volunteering" on this site and you'll find tons of threads concerning this question.

Comment

Originally posted by josh1982 View Post
      I am wondering can a guard soldier volunteer to be deployed with another unit that he is not with? thank you
      Google this "tour of duty army" and log into the tour of duty mobcop site. Tons of positions to volunteer for, and that site is where you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        Google this "tour of duty army" and log into the tour of duty mobcop site. Tons of positions to volunteer for, and that site is where you do it.
        Sorry to threadjack.

Sergeant, I was wondering if you could tell me what career management fields that are normally listed for zeros on mobcop site?

After I finish up my degree this coming spring, I plan on joining the Guard as an Officer and would like to do a couple of tours to get Post 9/11 Gi Bill to pay for graduate school. So if I am able to choose what branch I want depending on how Nevada has it set up, I would like to choose one that has opportunities to volunteer for a tour.

Also are there options to volunteer for tours in GKO?

Thank you for your time

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
          Sorry to threadjack.

Sergeant, I was wondering if you could tell me what career management fields that are normally listed for zeros on mobcop site?

After I finish up my degree this coming spring, I plan on joining the Guard as an Officer and would like to do a couple of tours to get Post 9/11 Gi Bill to pay for graduate school. So if I am able to choose what branch I want depending on how Nevada has it set up, I would like to choose one that has opportunities to volunteer for a tour.

Also are there options to volunteer for tours in GKO?

Thank you for your time
          99% of all overseas and mobilization type tours/assignments will be found on tour of duty. GKO has some positions listed in there but they are of a different type; i.e. Title 10 AGR, and temporary assignments at NGB or in support of the Guard at home. Then you also have AGR jobs and Technician jobs listed on each state guards homepage, so there are 54 of those. But, in short if you want to go overseas (Afghanistan, Qatar, Kuwait and so on) you should look in tour of duty.

I am a little confused about you "zeros" question. But if you are reffering to jobs that are listed with an MOS of "00G" or numbers to that effect they are MOS immaterial positions and any person in the rank listed could potentially qualify. If that isn't what you are asking, please try again.

Comment

99% of all overseas and mobilization type tours/assignments will be found on tour of duty. GKO has some positions listed in there but they are of a different type; i.e. Title 10 AGR, and temporary assignments at NGB or in support of the Guard at home. Then you also have AGR jobs and Technician jobs listed on each state guards homepage, so there are 54 of those. But, in short if you want to go overseas (Afghanistan, Qatar, Kuwait and so on) you should look in tour of duty.

I am a little confused about you "zeros" question. But if you are reffering to jobs that are listed with an MOS of "00G" or numbers to that effect they are MOS immaterial positions and any person in the rank listed could potentially qualify. If that isn't what you are asking, please try again.
            Roger that Sergeant.

I was wondering which Officer positions are normally listed on the tour of duty website such as 25A, 88A, 11A, 19A? Are these also rank dependent as well?

That way if I have the opportunity to choose what I get to branch, I would like to choose a branch that is likely to be on the tour of duty website so that I can deploy or mobolize.

Also is there a period of time that has to be served in a "traditional drilling status" before one can voluntarily mobilize or deploy? Or is dependent on one's chain of command?

Thank you for the response, Sergeant.

Comment

Sergeant,

I responded to your post a few hours ago, just awaiting on the mod approval.

Thank you for your time and help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                Sergeant,

I responded to your post a few hours ago, just awaiting on the mod approval.

Thank you for your time and help.
                Tht mod approval stuff is a fluke. If you post again it will appear, just like this post did. Sometimes this site does that, and I don't know why (apparently neither does anyone else). if you are waiting for that previous post to appear, you are going to be waiting quite a while.

Comment

Roger.

I was wondering if you could tell me what positions are normally listed for officers on the tour of duty website like: 88A, 25A, 11A, 19A?

If I am able to choose what I want to branch, than I would like to choose a branch that has listings on the tour of duty website so that I have the opportunity to deploy or mobilize.

Also is there a certain amount of time one must have in a “traditional drilling status” before they can volunteer to deploy or mobilize? Or is it dependent on one’s chain of command?

Comment

Roger.

I was wondering if you could tell me what positions are normally listed for officers on the tour of duty website like: 88A, 25A, 11A, 19A?

If I am able to choose what I want to branch, than I would like to choose a branch that has listings on the tour of duty website so that I have the opportunity to deploy or mobilize.

Also is there a certain amount of time one must have in a “traditional drilling status” before they can volunteer to deploy or mobilize? Or is it dependent on one’s chain of command?

Comment

Roger.

Its still not letting me post the message for some reason, "mod approval." I'm going to have 3 appear under this thread probably in a few hours.

I sent you a PM with the questions.

Comment

I was wondering if you could tell me what positions are normally listed for officers on the tour of duty website like: 88A, 25A, 11A, 19A? If I am able to choose what I want to branch, than I would like to choose a branch that has listings on the tour of duty website so that I have the opportunity to deploy or mobilize.

All of those branches are probably on there in some form. Don't choose a branch in that fashion. Those positions on tour of duty are on an as needed basis and won't be there forever. Moreover, by the time you are actually fully qualified and ready to go, we are talking a couple of years.

Not a certain amount of time, but your state HQ has to permit you to go. It is usually not a problem, just understand they can say no, regardless of the need overseas.

Comment

Bumping. Posts approved.

Comment

All of those branches are probably on there in some form.

Don't choose a branch in that fashion.

Those positions on tour of duty are on an as needed basis and won't be there forever. Moreover, by the time you are actually fully qualified and ready to go, we are talking a couple of years.

Not a certain amount of time, but your state HQ has to permit you to go. It is usually not a problem, just understand they can say no, regardless of the need overseas.
                            That makes sense.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X