X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching states

Basically, in a nutshell I live in Mississippi, where I want to live after college and for the rest of my life. I also want to join the National Guard. I really want to do the SMP program while I'm in college but I will more than likely be offered a spot on the baseball team at a private college in Florida. They have a joint ROTC program with another university. Is there any way I could contract with the Florida national guard while in SMP and switch to Mississippi after I graduate? Or are there any other ways to be able to move back to MS? Help please!

Re: Switching states

A buddy of mine did the exact same thing all he did was IST (interstate transfer). One note though he had to take a slot as an infantry LT even though he originally branched Aviation. They didn't have an opening in Aviation for him. I'm not sure if this might be an issue for you, but its something to look into.

Comment

Re: Switching states

Is there any risk with this though? Like could I be stuck in another state for a while or is this rather easy? And am I binded to the Florida (thats where the college is)national guard only if I take a scholarship? Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X