X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on Enlistment

I am 31, got a masters degree, married with no kids, naturalized citizen of Nigerian origin and about to achieve my personal dream of serving. I'm joining the guard and just took the ASVAB. Should I press my recruiter to get me into OCS so I can start right after BCT? Is it better to get listed for OCS before I sign the contract or go to BCT first, and then try to get OCS? Your advice will be appreciated.

Re: Advise on Enlistment

What are your goals and priorities? We can't recommend which road to take if we don't know your destination.

Comment

This isn't spam?

OP, which your education perhaps the officer route is the better option. You will go the O9S candidate route which is BCT then OCS. Hundreds of threads on that topic in this forum.

Comment

I want a long career in the military. While I don't mind being an enlisted, I'd rather be an officer, since I have the academic qualifications. I recently finished my post-graduate legal studies and sitting for the bar exam in a few months. JAG sounds interesting. Other than that, I'd like to be in a unit that gives me the opportunity to see combat

Comment

Working...
        X