Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Looking to clear my record, in order for me to join it is something I need to do. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to clear my record, in order for me to join it is something I need to do.

So I am highly interested in the National Guard and I have asked a couple of recruiters what I need to have setup in order for me to join. One of the things I need to do is clear my criminal record. All I have are greater misdmeanors but they are assualts. I currently reside in Washington state. I just need to know how to go about petitioning the court for expungement, the problem with that is I dont have money for a lawyer. It is in my family to be in the military, my cousin, grampas and other family members have served. So I would like to know if anybody could give me some information on how to go about this. One of the recruiters told me I had to do it on my own but I have been drawing blanks on trying to find the information. I'm not even interested in getting paid when I join, infact I would like to do it for the rest of my life. I'm even going as far as paying for my own college classes so that I have something more to bring to the guard than just my two feet and hands. Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Looking to clear my record, in order for me to join it is something I need to do.

All I have.......

Well assaults are serious matters and if you do serve, you will receive pay and tuition assistance.

Anyway, what were the assaults and when did they happen? If you were found guilty of domestic abuse, you cannot join.

First, go or call to get those court records if you dont have them already.

You can call a lawyer and ask for a free consultation on your matters.

Start with that.

Comment

Re: Looking to clear my record, in order for me to join it is something I need to do.

Also, it doesnt matter if they are expunged or not. If it is something that would have kept you out before, it would still keep you out after expungement.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
        Also, it doesnt matter if they are expunged or not. If it is something that would have kept you out before, it would still keep you out after expungement.
        +1. Expungement will still show up on a background check. And it won't change that fact that you were found guilty.

Comment

Working...
        X