X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployment

I am joining the Army National Guard and will be leaving for BCT this January. I am joining to get into a green to gold program through my local university called SMP, I am already a member in the school's ROTC. My recruiter is sending me through the quickest AIT, because when I get back I contract with the SMP program and become a cadet. He advised me to join a field artillery unit because of the short turn around, the unit I will be attached to is getting deployed next week. My question, is when I am done with AIT will I be deployed to go join my unit? I will be finished with AIT in April.

Re: Deployment

Depends if the unit needs you or not. Sometimes they send late arrivals over and sometimes they don't. I would talk to your recruiter and see if he can ask the unit.

Comment

Are Guard units doing nine month deployments?

Comment

It is "possible", but not very likely that your unit would have you join them over there once they've been there a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          Are Guard units doing nine month deployments?
          9 months or so boots on the ground and the other 3 months or so at mob/de-mob stations. Doesn't include RTC, valadation excercise ect.

Comment

Roger. I am at Polk for a month CERTEX and my unit has had other monthly-length exercises before this one. I think with the drawdown and upcoming changes, they might keep the OP on rear-D. IMHO.
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; November 18th, 2011, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X