Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who does he need to contact?

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
    Likely because you arent a moderator trying to click boxes on individual posts, threads and then trying to select options in a dropdown menu. It's not so obvious when all you have to click is a reply button. This happens across multiple computers I have with FF. It's only this forum. And I am a fulltime IT professional, so I know what I am doing.
    I didn't mean anything antagonistic by it, just that if she's having problems with the site, maybe its not an IE/FF issue.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      In my 20+ years in the business; I have found faults in every tech that said the same thing
      LOL....bam

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        In my 20+ years in the business; I have found faults in every tech that said the same thing
        Quiet you.

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
        I didn't mean anything antagonistic by it, just that if she's having problems with the site, maybe its not an IE/FF issue.
        Oh I know you didn't. Don't worry about it.

Comment

*sigh*.......instigator.

Comment

Update:
            Finally heard from his unit today. Apparently they never received any paperwork from the readiness NCO from RSP so there was no expectation of him last month. They moved from Atterbury to the Franklin Armory in early November but no one notified the switch board and the voice mail messages were not updated, so no one at Atterbury really knew anything.

so all the worry and they never even knew he was supposed to be there.... classic.

Comment

Originally posted by NGWife2010 View Post
              Update:
              Finally heard from his unit today. Apparently they never received any paperwork from the readiness NCO from RSP so there was no expectation of him last month. They moved from Atterbury to the Franklin Armory in early November but no one notified the switch board and the voice mail messages were not updated, so no one at Atterbury really knew anything.

so all the worry and they never even knew he was supposed to be there.... classic.
              Typical! Better get use to it! The increase in technology available the military hasn't improved communication at all trust me.

Comment

Typical! Better get use to it! The increase in technology available the military hasn't improved communication at all trust me.
                What? Poor communication within the government? Never.

Comment

Update: They moved from Atterbury to the Franklin Armory in early November but no one notified the switch board and the voice mail messages were not updated, so no one at Atterbury really knew anything.

BAM...I called it

Originally posted by RSPNCO
                  I'm guessing the unit has changed offices and no longer has those numbers, stuff like that happens all the time. If your husband has a name he could look them up in the AKO white pages to get an email address at least for them.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                    BAM...I called it
                    LOL WINNER!!!!!!

To bad no one read their email duing the move.

Comment

Update:

Have him ask about making up the drill weekend. Since he wasn't coded a "U" it should be pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                        Have him ask about making up the drill weekend. Since he wasn't coded a "U" it should be pretty easy.
                        Since his paperwork from basic hadn't been processed yet, he was probably actually still coded "T", so that may make it more difficult to make up.

Comment

He asked about making up Dec drill when they called him yesterday. The person he talked to said not to worry about it. What ever that means. He has a drill date for Jan so Im sure he will find out more then.

Comment

He asked about making up Dec drill when they called him yesterday. The person he talked to said not to worry about it. What ever that means. He has a drill date for Jan so Im sure he will find out more then.
                            This varies by unit, but sometimes you can come in during the week to lend a hand for special projects (usually involving supply) and get credited for a missed drill or upcoming drill that you will miss. And by "will miss", I mean...you've been authorized to. There is no banking of drill time or anything like that.

Another common way of making up a drill is by showing up a day or several hours early on an "advance party" that typically goes ahead of the main unit to setup tents, ranges, etc. The military formally calls these SUTA (Split Unit Training Assembly), pronounced "soota."

Word of advice for your husband: View authorized SUTAs as a huge favor from your chain of command. Do not make a habit of them. And always live up to the agreed makeup dates. NCOs and officers have a tendency to remember the unreliable ones for a long long time.

Luckily, December drills are typically 1 day of actually doing stuff (likely administrative junk) and 1 day of holiday festivities.

Comment

This varies by unit, but sometimes you can come in during the week to lend a hand for special projects (usually involving supply) and get credited for a missed drill or upcoming drill that you will miss. And by "will miss", I mean...you've been authorized to. There is no banking of drill time or anything like that.

Another common way of making up a drill is by showing up a day or several hours early on an "advance party" that typically goes ahead of the main unit to setup tents, ranges, etc. The military formally calls these SUTA (Split Unit Training Assembly), pronounced "soota."

Word of advice for your husband: View authorized SUTAs as a huge favor from your chain of command. Do not make a habit of them. And always live up to the agreed makeup dates. NCOs and officers have a tendency to remember the unreliable ones for a long long time.

Luckily, December drills are typically 1 day of actually doing stuff (likely administrative junk) and 1 day of holiday festivities.
                              Ill let him know. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Ill let him know.

Comment

Working...
                                X