• Show
Clear All

Re: Who does he need to contact?

215th ASMC

Comment

Originally posted by NGWife2010 View Post
      215th ASMC
      Dont tell me you tried the facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ARNG-2...19176688102239

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        And while he is getting his butt chewed for being absent from drill, he should explain himself by saying "well 1SG, my wife posted on the Internet about where I should drill and she couldn't find out the answer, so I wasn't able to attend"....right.
        At least it will be an interesting first counseling. But you did make me snicker with your comment. Hey, at least she is a concerned spouse. Not saying its the right way of doing things but I seen worse.

Comment

At the right we are going; the soldier's enlistment would have expired before his first drill. Well if you know the drill weekend; make it a "vacation" getaway and stay at the inexpensive hotel on post.

Comment

Tried it. There is no one on that page and no one can seem to post on it.

Comment

This is just one aspect of our research. Since I am the one who is familiar with this specific site I am the one who posts. We cannot post on here when we are home since we use Firefox and I refuse to get Explorer for one site. He doesnt have access to the internet in his lab and I have access at work.

Forgive me for wanting to be a helpful and proactive spouse. Ill go back in my box now. Thanks for you help. You comments have been most enlighening and helpful.

Comment

I use Firefox on all my computers and have never had a problem using this site with it.

Comment

For some reason my home computer does not let me click on anything on this site. I can read it but I cant post. So all my posting is done at work.

Comment

If you haven't already read them, these threads may shed some light on your firefox issues:
                    http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...h-the-website.
                    http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...rum-Navigation

Comment

Links to threads regarding firefox waiting for moderator approval, but if you haven't already seen them, they are in the "Website-Suggestions for Improvement" section of "General Guard Discussion". One is "Issue with Website." and the other is "Forum Navigation".
                      Last edited by A.Mac+; December 1st, 2011, 10:56 AM. Reason: clarified

Comment

Originally posted by NGWife2010 View Post
                        This is just one aspect of our research. Since I am the one who is familiar with this specific site I am the one who posts. We cannot post on here when we are home since we use Firefox and I refuse to get Explorer for one site. He doesnt have access to the internet in his lab and I have access at work.
                        Forgive me for wanting to be a helpful and proactive spouse. Ill go back in my box now. Thanks for you help. You comments have been most enlighening and helpful.
                        Internet explorer comes standard and free with a windows-based computer. Also, you seem to limit yourself with resolving problems. Meaning, I would use IE if I have too and waste gas if something concerned my military service. It's called initiative and going above and beyond. Believe me; it works wonder. Anyway, I am a full- time soldier so I will not experience this type of problem anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                          Internet explorer comes standard and free with a windows-based computer. Also, you seem to limit yourself with resolving problems. Meaning, I would use IE if I have too and waste gas if something concerned my military service. It's called initiative and going above and beyond. Believe me; it works wonder. Anyway, I am a full- time soldier so I will not experience this type of problem anymore.
                          Initiative. I get it. But it only applies to new recruits right? There is a host of people in that state which are failing this soldier and apparently have no idea what the heck they are doing.
                          Last edited by SteveLord; December 2nd, 2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                            I use Firefox on all my computers and have never had a problem using this site with it.
                            Likely because you arent a moderator trying to click boxes on individual posts, threads and then trying to select options in a dropdown menu. It's not so obvious when all you have to click is a reply button. This happens across multiple computers I have with FF. It's only this forum. And I am a fulltime IT professional, so I know what I am doing.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                              Initiative. I get it. But it only applies to new recruits right? There is a host of people in that state which are failing this soldier and apparently have no idea what the heck they are doing.
                              Of course it does not. The OP mentioned some other reasons in PM but again its only her point of view from the situation. As a young trooper, I witnessed something similar and the excuse did not fly and the soldier was given an Unsatisfactory Participant discharge (he missed AT). That case was extreme compared to the trooper.

He can also try the NG liaison at MEPS to see if that will help.

Remember, you are only getting bits and pieces of a story when it comes to this type of websites.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                                Likely because you arent a moderator trying to click boxes on individual posts, threads and then trying to select options in a dropdown menu. It's not so obvious when all you have to click is a reply button. This happens across multiple computers I have with FF. It's only this forum. And I am a fulltime IT professional, so I know what I am doing.
                                In my 20+ years in the business; I have found faults in every tech that said the same thing

Comment

Working...
                                X