X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who does he need to contact?

Thanks! I didnt even think of AKO. Hopefully he will get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by NGWife2010 View Post
      Thanks! I didnt even think of AKO. Hopefully he will get a response.
      Who is the soldier again?

Like I said earlier, you need to head to the unit if you know where its at. There must be a full-timer working there that can assist or deal with the STARC. It is that simple.

PM me the info and I can get it for you ASAP.

Comment

If I didnt have a heart condition and 2 reconstructed ankles I would be .
        I am a worrier and I want things done in my time... which causes a problem between me and the NG.. My time table is normally much shorter.

Comment

Update numero 2:
          Sill no return call. My husband gave the switchboard the name of the person he talked to last time and they do not have anyone listed. Great. So we are back at square one. We have tried finding anything online about his unit and it is like they do not exist. He is going to blow up the phones again this week in hopes that someone, somewhere will answer. This is getting ridiculous.
          It's not that hard. 317-247-3300 is the Joint forces Headquarters number (posted on every Indiana Guard webpage. Dial "0" during business hours, and you will get a person (operator) tell them you are a lost soul, and they will transfer you to someone who can look you up.

Comment

If I didnt have a heart condition and 2 reconstructed ankles I would be .
            I am a worrier and I want things done in my time... which causes a problem between me and the NG.. My time table is normally much shorter.
            It's not that hard. 317-247-3300 is the Joint Forces Headquarters number. (which is posted on every Indiana Guard webpage). Dial that during business hours, press "0" and you will get a live person. Tell them you are a lost soul.

Comment

Or he could go sit in his recruiters office until one of them does the hand off correctly. He could look at his enlistment paper work. I'm pretty sure his unit will be listed there and his unit is fairly close by. Or take the paper work to a local NG armory and have some one help him out. He can help himself out by checking his AKO and making sure his address and contact info is correct and up to date.

Comment

We know who his unit is and where they drill, the problem is that the hand off was never done and no one from his unit answers the phone or returns voicemails. Driving down there is possible but I shudder at the gas wasted. (4 hours round trip) His recruiter isnt arround any more... but that isnt a surprise... he was pretty much useless when he was.

We found the direct line to the person he talked to last time and her email so he emailed her last night. Hopefully we get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                  It's not that hard. 317-247-3300 is the Joint Forces Headquarters number. (which is posted on every Indiana Guard webpage). Dial that during business hours, press "0" and you will get a live person. Tell them you are a lost soul.
                  Called the number many times...he ends up getting forwarded to a voicemail for someone in his unit.

Comment

Called the number many times...he ends up getting forwarded to a voicemail for someone in his unit.
                    So call again, and this time say "transfer me to someone other then XYZ".

Comment

He has done that ever day for the past 4 weeks. He writes the names down of the people he has left messages with and has asked to be transferred to someone else. Unfortualty the switchboard goes off a list and doesnt know who is actually in the office.

Comment

We ended up finding an email in AKO. So hopefully that will yield some results.

Comment

I am laughing at updates to this thread. At the Guard though. I bet you a shiny new avatar that at the end of this...his chain of command will play dumb and/or blame your husband ultimately. Nobody else will get disciplined or talked to about this. Seen it many times.

Comment

Im pretty sure as well... so we are COA and have every phone call documented to what number,day, the time of day, the duration (long means message was left, short just hung up) and the information given in the voicemail. If they want to make an issue of it then we are at least prepared to go down fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                              I am laughing at updates to this thread. At the Guard though. I bet you a shiny new avatar that at the end of this...his chain of command will play dumb and/or blame your husband ultimately. Nobody else will get disciplined or talked to about this. Seen it many times.
                              And while he is getting his butt chewed for being absent from drill, he should explain himself by saying "well 1SG, my wife posted on the Internet about where I should drill and she couldn't find out the answer, so I wasn't able to attend"....right.

Comment

What unit is he with? I am in the Indiana Guard, live close to Atterbury, and have lots of contacts and connections. I may be of assistance. I know my unit which is part of the 76th IBCT is drilling this weekend (3-4 Dec).

Comment

Working...
                                X