X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31B not offering SLRP

Does anyone have an idea why 31B isn't offering the SLRP. I was told I am going to have to take 88M to get SLRP and then try to reclass when we come back from our deployment. From what I understand it is very hard to reclass so I would rather just go in as 31B which is what I want. The only problem is that I desperately need SLRP. Any advice/answers?

Re: 31B not offering SLRP

Originally posted by nslagle View Post
    Does anyone have an idea why 31B isn't offering the SLRP. I was told I am going to have to take 88M to get SLRP and then try to reclass when we come back from our deployment. From what I understand it is very hard to reclass so I would rather just go in as 31B which is what I want. The only problem is that I desperately need SLRP. Any advice/answers?
    The more the military needs a certain position filled, the more incentives they throw into the fire to try to fill it.

Why do you want MP so bad? Do you have a good grasp on what they actually do?

Comment

How much debt you have in student loans? I got no bonus or SLRP for it.

Comment

@ParalegalNCO1 I do have a grasp for what MPs do. I know a couple of people who are MPs and it just seems like something I would enjoy. The other reasoning behind wanting MP is that there is a slot in the local unit whereas 88m is about a 2 hour drive. 2 hours isn't bad but being local would be more convenient.

@fmcityslicker I have over the $50,000 coverage that they offer. I went to school out of state for two years and it cost a lot. So to be able to have 50k of it paid off would be amazing to help me out. If it weren't for the SLRP I would probably just say whatever and do MP in the local unit.

Comment

Rhode Island still has the SLRP for 31B. Let me know if i can help. Rhode Island has very few 31B positions left but....we do still have a few.

Comment

Maryland to Rhode Island will be a long commute.

Comment

@SGT_CONLEY Thank you for the offer but I am not looking to move. Although I have been to RI and I do like it there, I am trying to stay put for the time being. I just wish MD was offering the SLRP for 31B.

Comment

Originally posted by nslagle View Post
                . 2 hours isn't bad but being local would be more convenient.
                I have a 1 hour commute. trust me if I could get something closer I would. During inclement weather it can be a rather long drive with snow and ice and the roads here . I personally couldn't imagine having to drive 2 hours lol. Plus I'm a little 31B biased

Comment

@kswat07 I am now looking at 94E because it is a little closer and I am really iffy on the 88M MOS. I think I may like the 94E because I am a computer guy. I have been working on them for a while now and I am in school for Computer Science. If anyone has an opinion on 94E and/or what they actually do, that would be great.

Comment

It appears to work on ANCD and SKL devices. Not windows based systems. More with radios but tactical radios are becoming more IP base to send data traffic as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X