Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Changing MOS from 88m to something else? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

    Is it possible to change enlisted MOS after BCT & AIT is complete to another MOS? I enlisted as 88m because it was the only MOS available and near to me. However, I am wondering if I could change it later on to something that I would like to do long-term.

  • #2
    Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

    It is possible, but not likely to happen simply because you dont like your job. You joined as an 88M because that is what was needed and you committed to do that for six years. **** it up and do what you committed to doing. If you didnt want to do it, then you should have waited for something else to open up.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

      Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
      It is possible, but not likely to happen simply because you dont like your job. You joined as an 88M because that is what was needed and you committed to do that for six years. **** it up and do what you committed to doing. If you didnt want to do it, then you should have waited for something else to open up.
      On a positive note, yes a re-class is possible. It happens all the time. You might have to ask a few times. You might have to pay your dues.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

        Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
        It is possible, but not likely to happen simply because you dont like your job. You joined as an 88M because that is what was needed and you committed to do that for six years. **** it up and do what you committed to doing. If you didnt want to do it, then you should have waited for something else to open up.
        No disrespect, but you don't gotta be rude about it. This is the first time I do anything military related, and I have a lot of questions. If you don't like what I have questions on, then please don't bother responding. Thanks, but no thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

          Originally posted by specz1028 View Post
          No disrespect, but you don't gotta be rude about it. This is the first time I do anything military related, and I have a lot of questions. If you don't like what I have questions on, then please don't bother responding. Thanks, but no thanks.
          Then prepare to meet that same attitude from many other soldiers, especially those in your chain of command. Both RSP and squash are correct. Although it is possible, there's no telling the likelihood.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

            Originally posted by specz1028 View Post
            No disrespect, but you don't gotta be rude about it. This is the first time I do anything military related, and I have a lot of questions. If you don't like what I have questions on, then please don't bother responding. Thanks, but no thanks.
            Ok, you said you already enlisted...so I'm not "dude" to you, I'm an NCO. Secondly, The information I gave you was valid so I did answer your question. The fact that you didnt like what I had to say doesn't change anything. You need to get used to people being direct with you, I said nothing rude, I simply treated you like a soldier. You're in the military now, you won't get lovey dovey answers all the time.

            If you have more questions, feel free to ask, just don't get upset if you dont like the answers. You should be glad you can count on straight answers from me.
            Last edited by HR NCO; November 13th, 2011, 08:45 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

              When I was an junior enlisted or even throughout my career; I have never experienced a lovey dovey NCO (that is sergeant ranks for the OP).

              But the good news is if there is any place that is easy to reclass; it is the reserve components.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

                Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                When I was an junior enlisted or even throughout my career; I have never experienced a lovey dovey NCO (that is sergeant ranks for the OP).

                But the good news is if there is any place that is easy to reclass; it is the reserve components.
                Thanks cityslicker, that's all I was wanting to know. And I'm not expecting lovey dovey answers...never said that in my response. Just was a simple question and I got an "attitude" from somebody telling me to "**** it up". I am also direct and whether I am a NCO or not, that's just my personality. No disrespect was given and I never called anyone "dude"...re-read before you post anything.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

                  Thanks to those who actually gave me a decent answer! Leaving this thread now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

                    Originally posted by specz1028 View Post
                    Just was a simple question and I got an "attitude" from somebody telling me to "**** it up". .
                    No, you are the one with the attitude and it's painfully obvious. Also I suggest using the search function first before you create a thread. This same question has been asked several times on this forum. In fact, typically at least once a month it is asked in one form or another. Get your **** together.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

                      Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                      No, you are the one with the attitude and it's painfully obvious. Also I suggest using the search function first before you create a thread. This same question has been asked several times on this forum. In fact, typically at least once a month it is asked in one form or another. Get your **** together.
                      >>Removed<<


                      First and last warning. Do not insult other members.

                      -SteveLord
                      Last edited by SteveLord; November 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

                        So now you have refered to two NCO's as douchebags, myself and RSP. I'm sure the mods will clean up. Have a nice career, by the outlook from your attitude and response on the forums it wont last long.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Changing MOS from 88m to something else?

                          >>Thread closed<<

                          OP received accurate responses to his original question. To all participants of this thread, show respect to members of all rank and forum seniority or lack of. Do not resort to insults.
                          Last edited by SteveLord; November 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X