X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Half of Bonus Payment.

My 3 year enlistment anniversary was October 30, 2011. i have the 20,000 dollar bonus with the split. i got my first half shorty after graduating AIT and was told my second half should come on or shortly after my 3 year anniversary date. how long is shortly after? how long should i wait before raising concern? i know the army is sometimes slow with pay and im used to that. but with this much money id like to be as proactive as possible because im kinda in a pinch and really need it. im not even showing an LES for it yet.

Re: 2nd Half of Bonus Payment.

It took me 6 months to get my re-up bonus. When it comes to getting money from the government it takes forever. But if you owe them money you will pay immediately.

If you don't see an LES by the 30th of Nov then bring it up to your chain of command so they can look into it.

Comment

I was owed my 2nd half of my Guard Affiliation bonus Sept 21, 2011. I was told that there currently is a 6 month wait to get any bonus money from NGB. This came from the SFC running the Education and Bonus section for my State. My first half took about 3 months to get.

Comment

I waited way too long to complain (over a year). I would bring it up with my UA now and then but no money. Finally I went up my chain of command and my CO provided me with a name and number to email and call. After talking with this person the LES was posted in about four days. Yes FOUR days! If you talk to the right person it can happen very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsesps1607 View Post
          My 3 year enlistment anniversary was October 30, 2011. i have the 20,000 dollar bonus with the split. i got my first half shorty after graduating AIT and was told my second half should come on or shortly after my 3 year anniversary date. how long is shortly after? how long should i wait before raising concern? i know the army is sometimes slow with pay and im used to that. but with this much money id like to be as proactive as possible because im kinda in a pinch and really need it. im not even showing an LES for it yet.
          You need to speak with your state incentive manager. No other person can help you as much as they can. Talk to them directly, its your money.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
            You need to speak with your state incentive manager. No other person can help you as much as they can. Talk to them directly, its your money.
            Whoa...state incentive managers dont want every joe calling about bonus problems. He needs to talk to his unit and they'll contact the incentives manager if needed. They can look up on their end to see if its in the process of being worked or not with even calling him most likely. He is not even 30 days past his date of eligibility.

Comment

Bonuses and related incentives are all automated, which makes it easy to determine any problems. Ask your Readiness NCO to look up your case in iMARC. If he doesn't know what that is, then he needs to learn; while he's learning, you may need to visit someone at the battalion S1 shop to look you up. Oftentimes a single document is missing or outdated, and once you update that, the case resolves very quickly.

If you email me your Social Security number, I'll look you up.

That's a trick. Do not email anyone on this forum your personal data, even someone completely trustworthy such as myself.

Comment

Working...
              X