X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Credits and OCS

I browsed the National Guard's website for info on OCS, and I have a couple questions. If I recall correctly, to be eligible for OCS you must have a baccalaureate degree or higher, meaning 60 credits+ or does one have to actually have gone to college for an Associate's degree or Bachelor's? I know military experience and length of service is accounted for as well, but I'm not enlisted. How would my chances be if I finish this next spring semester with only 55 credits and want to enlist and get in OCS? Or should I take summer classes to round it out to the 60? Thanks.

Re: College Credits and OCS

You've got it a bit jumbled.

1. To enlist for the OCS contract (or for current enlisted Soldiers to change to an OCS contract), one must have 60 credit hours (not necessarily an AA degree, just the credits).
    2. To commission, or to attend accelerated OCS, one must have 90 credit hours.
    3. To promote to captain, one must have a full BA degree. Thus, those 60-90 credit hours really need to be part of a coherent short-term plan to earn a degree. Your OCS cadre can actually help with that.

Comment

Working...
    X