X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASU Uniform Alterations and Civilians

Quick question about getting rank sewn on, I've always had it done on post but that's not an option right now. Has anyone ever purchased the rank and had a civilian do it? I'm assuming it says somewhere in the AR exactly where everything needs to go, could I just show the civ tailor that?

Sorry if it's a stupid question I'm a knuckle dragger

Re: ASU Uniform Alterations and Civilians

Your best bet is to ask people in your unit if they know of any civilian places around you that have done military uniforms before. Yes, you can just take them the requirements, but it is best if it is someone who has done it previously.

Comment

When I was in the Guard; I had my corner cleaners do it for me but I brought other uniforms in as a template to explain and he did a fantastic job. Back in the 80s, I remember my Aunt using her sewing machine to sew on my ranks. ACU today is easy; it is those blues that you have to work with now.

I wish the have the ranks sewn on the shirt like the khakis back in the day.

Comment

Do you live in New Jersey?

Comment

Sir yes I live in NJ we have a funeral coming up and I've only worn my ASU the one time in basic. I don't wanna look all jacked up so I'm trying to get it together.

There's no unit patch? Just combat patches?

Comment

Originally posted by NJ732 View Post
            Sir yes I live in NJ we have a funeral coming up and I've only worn my ASU the one time in basic. I don't wanna look all jacked up so I'm trying to get it together.

There's no unit patch? Just combat patches?
            RIP SSG Oliveira.

Comment

No combat patch, just the badge that goes on the right breast pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post

I wish the have the ranks sewn on the shirt like the khakis back in the day.
                It is authorized now to get all that sewn on ACUs now.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                  It is authorized now to get all that sewn on ACUs now.
                  Mine are already done but I was referring to the white shirt worn under the ASU jacket. Pin-on ranks and shoulder boards for enlisted is something that makes me cringe.

OP; if you can get a drive to alterations at Fort Dix (now Joint Base Dix-McGuire) or if you are closer to head to West Point, NY or Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn to go to the Post's alteration center.

Comment

Working...
                  X