X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC and LT's?

In about a year i'll MOS qualified as a 13f, drill with a unit, and go to community collage. after the first 2 years i want to do ROTC and commision active.

Will being 13f give me a better chance at getting assigned to a combat arms unit?

Can i get into airborne school through ROTC?

i know that lieutenants are platoon leaders, but what do they do? Would i do my mos stuff at all, like calls for fire, or be strictly just tasked with managing and leading my unit? How do dutys differ from say an infantry lt to a logistics lt?

I just want to get this straight and benifit the army and myself as much as i can. Thank you for reading this and hopefully helping me out.

Re: ROTC and LT's?

All the answers to your questions can be found through a thorough search on this forum and good old Google.

Comment

Re: ROTC and LT's?

Originally posted by RRP View Post
      In about a year i'll MOS qualified as a 13f, drill with a unit, and go to community collage. after the first 2 years i want to do ROTC and commision active.

Will being 13f give me a better chance at getting assigned to a combat arms unit?

No. Branching in ROTC is based off an OML and your enlisted expereince will make no difference.

Can i get into airborne school through ROTC?

Maybe.

i know that lieutenants are platoon leaders, but what do they do? Would i do my mos stuff at all, like calls for fire, or be strictly just tasked with managing and leading my unit? How do dutys differ from say an infantry lt to a logistics lt?

It will depend on what you branch, what your position is (staff officer/PL) and type of unit.

I just want to get this straight and benifit the army and myself as much as i can. Thank you for reading this and hopefully helping me out.
      You've got some pretty broad questions. Do some reading and narrow your questions down.

Comment

Working...
      X