X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENCS for Guard members?

Just curious since Im deploying soon, if I'd be able to get a car through the ENCS..

If so, those of you that have used this service, on average, what does it save you? I've heard soldiers tell me they got mustangs, that were 36-37K and through this service, ended up getting it for around 29-31K

Re: ENCS for Guard members?

I have no personal experience, although the people I've met who have used this opportunity are happy. There's an ENCS shop at Bagram, and they'll visit the other large bases throughout the year, although you can make all the arrangements remotely.

Comment

My experience was NOT good. It could have been the particular location I dealt with or the salesman, but it wasnt good. I showed up at the ENCS at USAG Schinnen (the netherlands) with a letter of credit worthiness from my credit union, basically meaning I could have my pick of cars and I was approved for financing. Took forever to get any help.

Then, the prices were NOT comparable to those in the states. I hadnt been back to the continental US for probably 3 years, so I didnt have experience to compare, so I took the guy at his word that they were comparable prices...not neccessarily the lowest, but were decent. I understood and accepted that I probably couldnt get the best prices without being on the ground to barter.

I also was told a bunch of stuff would come with the car..free GPS, free tank of gas, etc. Lots of little things.

The only plus was my arrangement for delivery. I was PCSing back to the states so I had my limo driver take me straight to the dealership and the dealer elected to stay late and give me my car so I could drive from there and get around. My arrangement and the dealer was good.

Car had a near empty take and none of what was supposed to be "waiting inside" was there, nor did it arrive. I complained to AAFES and the conceeded the tank of gas and cut me a check to cover two tanks, but the rest of the mini-perks they offered me took a lot more work. They arent make or break sorta things, but I argued for it on principal. It took probably five to six months to get what I was owed and threatening to write a letter to the stars and stripes. Then suddenly it showed up REALLY quick.

Additionally, the assurance that my price was a "good" or "decent" or "comparable" price turned out to not be true at all. I paid over $5k extra. I have a strong hunch that most of this was the particular salesman I unfortunately ended up with and I let him have it with my feedback.

Your mileage may vary

Comment

Oh and I will not be using them again. I've had much better service at a dealer locally. Better by FAR.

Dont entirely discount them on my opinion and experience. Do your research and see what you think.

Comment

I did not know what ENCS was but I am AD and bought a new 2011 BMW since I was stationed in Europe for a great price. Either wait to you deploy and you can get a good deal with the salesmen in those locations.

Comment

Im going to Kuwait.

Ive been reading a lot of good things about it, some bad.. but def. 10x more good... and then reading some people went through USAA to get there's and ended up with a better deal that way.

Will they guide me through it at ENCS, if I choose them? Never financed a car before.

Comment

Why not try this option, use your deployment money and pay cash for a "slightly" used car that has already taken the hit for depreciation that new cars have. They drive so much better when you're not dragging a payment book behind you.

Comment

Amen. Nothing feels better than driving a nice car that your own outright...

Comment

I'll most likely go the used route, but it just depends what kind of deal they can cut me on a new one. I hear ya on that, current car is paid off, has been for a while and it is nice not having to worry about a payment!! but I'm ready for something new. Been driving this car for a good while now.

Comment

I checked out the ENCS program and got a quote jsut for giggles on an 2012 F150 XLT 2WD (added a towing package, drivers door keypad) ... 32K plus chage. True, it is lower than MSRP but my local dealer quote me the same for about 28K so... just saying. Do your homework.

Comment

Working...
                    X