X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing PTs off duty?

Is it appropriate to wear the PT uniform to the gym when off duty? I've recently returned from basic and have a bunch of PTs laying around, but am unsure as to whether public wear is a breach of etiquette.

Re: Wearing PTs off duty?

Originally posted by rkh View Post
    Is it appropriate to wear the PT uniform to the gym when off duty? I've recently returned from basic and have a bunch of PTs laying around, but am unsure as to whether public wear is a breach of etiquette.
    As long as your unit doesn't have any local policies forbidding that for any reason, there should be no issue. Just make sure you are in proper uniform, and you are not embarassing us.

Comment

Although not officially part of the PT uniform, I like to wear only my spandex underwear and a Army PT shirt to the strip club.... lol

Comment

Make sure you're shaved at least. Although I never understood why people would want to wear them to the gym other than to broadcast that they are in the military. They are far from ideal clothing.

Comment

^^^^^^^+1. The shirts are hot and restrictive and the shorts blow no matter how you skin it.

Comment

Really? I like the PT belt with the looooong green socks and the beret.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
              Really? I like the PT belt with the looooong green socks and the beret.
              Whats a beret?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                Make sure you're shaved at least. Although I never understood why people would want to wear them to the gym other than to broadcast that they are in the military. They are far from ideal clothing.
                The PT shirts are pretty horrendous. They're worse than the tan t-shirts for ACUs. I don't mind the shorts for off-post PT. The "ARMY" on mine are fading away; it's most likely because I use it for swimming.

Comment

Well I do have a picture of this....

Comment

I know I've answered this in another thread, but here goes...

According to AR 670-1, 14-4

''The PFU and IPFU are authorized for wear on and off duty and on and off the installation... Soldiers may wear all of the PFU or IPFU with civilian attire off the installation.....''

14-6

''Soldiers may no mix or match the PFU and IPFU. Soldiers must wear either the PFU or IPFU as a complete uniform...'' and adhere to appropriate wear and appearance. i.e. sleaves must be down, not pushed up, shirt tucked in and, although the sweatshirt may be cuffed or uncuffed, the PT jacket may not be worn uncuffed.

As others have said, I'm not sure why I'd ever want to wear it other than at drill. The shorts are horrid to run in and my UA wicks away sweat much better than those t-shirts.

Refer to 670-1 for further information.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                      I know I've answered this in another thread, but here goes...

According to AR 670-1, 14-4

''The PFU and IPFU are authorized for wear on and off duty and on and off the installation... Soldiers may wear all of the PFU or IPFU with civilian attire off the installation.....''

14-6

''Soldiers may no mix or match the PFU and IPFU. Soldiers must wear either the PFU or IPFU as a complete uniform...'' and adhere to appropriate wear and appearance. i.e. sleaves must be down, not pushed up, shirt tucked in and, although the sweatshirt may be cuffed or uncuffed, the PT jacket may not be worn uncuffed.

As others have said, I'm not sure why I'd ever want to wear it other than at drill. The shorts are horrid to run in and my UA wicks away sweat much better than those t-shirts.

Refer to 670-1 for further information.
                      The majority of people on this forum were never around to be issued PFU, so I dont think mixing the two would ever be an issue

Comment

I guess you guys never wore the old grey sweats/shirt/short combo... the new PT uniform is far better.

Comment

Working...
                        X