X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Active?

I have just over 2 years left on my contract but I've thought about going active before it expires (if that's even possible) and I was wondering if there's anyway to request where you get stationed. I know you can request whatever you want and ultimately end up getting what you get but are there chances of a request actually being met?

Re: Going Active?

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...uty+Deployment

this should tell you every thing you need to know

Comment

It isnt magical, you do generally get a choice but the likelihood of it happening are ....you pick popular place, less likely then getting one that isnt so popular. Whats popular? No idea! I'd imagine really warm and really cold places go first for the sun/snow lovers. You probably arent going to Hawaii but if the midwest is your dream...better chance of it taking place. You get the idea, nope no way to do it. You can really do some research and lets say you want to be a Medic, learn where they are most needed and that might become your new home.?. You can kinda plan it that way. If most new Mechanics go to such and such place and thats where you want... but remember things always change!

Comment

If you wanna go active be prepared to only have 18X as a mos choice. Unless you're a 35P or some kind of rarely seen 68 series mos

Comment

I'll give you an answer that's pretty close to being the truth.

With as little as 2 years left on your contract, good luck trying to go Active Duty before it is up.

Comment

Working...
          X