X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Deployment ?

If I get slotted in a para/line # for a unit that is potentially deploying, but I am not MOSQ'd for whatever reason by the time orders come around, will i still go with my unit or will they leave me behind?? Thanks in advance.

SGT W.

Re: Another Deployment ?

If you are MOSQ in a MOS, you could still go that is usually up to the unit and their manning needs. But, if you have no Army MOS at all, you wont be going anywhere.

Comment

I am MOSQ'd 11B2H, 11C2H but going to an mp unit. Was just curious if did not get a reclass in time. But lije you said it is up to the,CO..

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergrunt View Post
        I am MOSQ'd 11B2H, 11C2H but going to an mp unit. Was just curious if did not get a reclass in time. But lije you said it is up to the,CO..
        It's not up to the commander. If you're not MOS qualified, you won't deploy with that unit.

Comment

Most of the time 31B reclass school is 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
            It's not up to the commander. If you're not MOS qualified, you won't deploy with that unit.
            It can happen if they have a need for bodies. My last unit had two people in a 74D slot that were taken on the deployment because of their ops experience. They worked in the 3 shop.

We had also had three Combat Arms Officers who filled unqualified paragraph and line numbers that were brought along as battle Captains.

As long as you have completed an AIT or a OBC it can be done, it is just not common.

Comment

We had a few 88Ms and a commo guy that had to reclass to 11B to goto Gtmo. A spot famous for making people reclass to MP...especially poor artillery guys.

Comment

Thanks for all the Input everone, It is greatly appreciated. I served as S/S in a Recon Plt during OIF III so I hope my Operational experience will help with their descion making along with my performance when I get there, Im excited about my switch to MP as it will help with my civi career as EOD tech, my degree program (Homeland Security) and OCS aspirations. Just getting reclassed in time has me a touch uneasy about the transfer to that unit, I don't want to get there and not be able to deploy because I couldnt get a reclassed in time for MOB. I know that may sound weird ,but it's my greatest concern,.I think my leadership and deployments could help some of the younger joes who haven't experienced a deployment yet let alone combat. So your Inputs are a great boost. Thank you.

SGT. W
                Last edited by Thundergrunt; September 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                  It can happen if they have a need for bodies. My last unit had two people in a 74D slot that were taken on the deployment because of their ops experience. They worked in the 3 shop.

We had also had three Combat Arms Officers who filled unqualified paragraph and line numbers that were brought along as battle Captains.

As long as you have completed an AIT or a OBC it can be done, it is just not common.
                  On the other side of the coin, how many soldiers you have known that are MOSq and properly slotted but never did their job when they deployed?

Comment

There is always a couple of "extra slots" within a unit that can be manipulated. We are deploying in the very near future and have para/lines for one Warrant per platoon. Unfortunately there is only one Warrant available in our state (there is only 3 EN Warrants in our state). Thus we are filling those slots with 2LTs and E7's. One of the 2LTs is a signal officer. If the CDR wants you he'll find a way of taking you.

Comment

Working...
                    X