X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Badge question??

My recruiter told me I am allowed to wear my AF Aircrewman Badge per AR 670. It does not convert to Army Aircrew wings. And I researched it in the AR 670 29-13 and I think i says that I can if I read it right. Can anyone shed some light. I know my prior service ribbions are good just army awards take precedence.

SGT W.

Re: Aviation Badge question??

You're exactly right. AR 670-1, para 29-13 grants you the authority to wear your USAF aircrew badge, as long as no Army Aviation badge is worn. 29-13g.(1) uses aviation badges as a specific example. You're good to go.

Comment

Major

My CIB will still go above. Crew Chief wings correct?

Sgt. W

Comment

Correct. Combat Infantrymans Badge is a Group 1 Badge. Aviation Badges/USAF aircrew badges are Group 3. Group 1 has precedence.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergrunt View Post
          My recruiter told me I am allowed to wear my AF Aircrewman Badge per AR 670. It does not convert to Army Aircrew wings. And I researched it in the AR 670 29-13 and I think i says that I can if I read it right. Can anyone shed some light. I know my prior service ribbions are good just army awards take precedence.

SGT W.
          I wear my gold Navy Aircrew wings on my class A's but not my ACUs.

Comment

I dont have any dress uni's yet, but have a black pair on my garrison acu's but not field pair. I might just not wear them at all just on dress. Thanks for the scoop. trying to sort out all the ribbions and such now got some awards after I transferd and trying to source the documents now. I tried AFCOS but I don't think that system is around anymore. Also do you know how the OIF campaign stars are annotated, I mobed in 04- and got off orders in 06. so If I read it right I should have 2 "Governance and Resolution" is this correct. The milper can out after I transferred back to ARNG from ANG so I dont thiunk they put it on my NGB22. Also I recived the VUC but cant find where to find that order. We were with 4th BDE 3rd ID.

Comment

Working...
            X