X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Training Option->SMP

Just a quick question that I've been wondering about lately.

I'm going into my Junior year in high school. I see that the Split Training Option would allow me to go straight to basic this summer and start drilling during my Senior year, which I'm very interested in. However, I don't know how this will affect my plans to attend ROTC (while taking advantage of the SMP) in college, and if it would affect my ability to select active or NG after I finish ROTC.

Basically, Split Training Option->College(ROTC+SMP), will there be any conflict here?

Re: Split Training Option->SMP

Won't affect anything. You go to BCT next summer, then senior year, then AIT, start college, get 30 credits, then contract SMP. No conflict at all.

Comment

No conflict at all, that is what the SMP program is designed around.

Comment

I'm a Junior right now, so say I applied for the split-training option and went to BCT this summer-did junior year- go to AIT- then attend two years of college while still in the national guard. When I get out of college, could I choose to go active duty? and do they have even have slots for juniors in the split training option? Because I heard that they werent doing that anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X