X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump Status

I am an ROTC Cadet that just graduated airborne school. When I commission I will commission into the Pennsylvania National Guard. I understand there aren't any airborne units in the 28th ID but I was wondering how exactly someone is put on jump status and how to maintain that jump status. Or how I could somehow jump for numbers somewhere. I loved jumping at airborne and if I could keep jumping and earn that star and wreath over the course of my career, I would love to.

Re: Jump Status

Robert178 opened a thread about this a while ago.

Here is the thread link

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...ht=jump+status

Comment

Originally posted by colin.c View Post
      I am an ROTC Cadet that just graduated airborne school. When I commission I will commission into the Pennsylvania National Guard. I understand there aren't any airborne units in the 28th ID but I was wondering how exactly someone is put on jump status and how to maintain that jump status. Or how I could somehow jump for numbers somewhere. I loved jumping at airborne and if I could keep jumping and earn that star and wreath over the course of my career, I would love to.
      If you are not assigned to an Airborne unit, you will not be on jump status. You cannot simply request jump status and jump with some other unit that is.

Comment

I dont want to open a can of worms completely on this one but it can be done. You have to have a lot of paperwork and valid reasons for it besides "I just want too". Its called permissive jump status. Its very rare, and used only when needed and not a permanent status. As SF Hunter mentioned, you just cant go Jump, because your qualified too.

Comment

Jump? "Step, fall, hit hard" status yes.

Comment

Working...
          X